Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
rustynails
New Contributor
New Contributor

4g home internet band 28 only

i spoke to optus today and i showed them i have coverage from their coverage maps of band 28 700 mHz. i upload 2 images to them. then he comes back with this

Screenshot 2021-03-09 180228.png

so my question is does the b818 modem use some other freq?  spintel can supply me a plan but its more expensive diff modem. even when i put my address into spintel it spat out i cldnt get it but i spoke to them in the chat and he said sld be fine....

how can i convince optus that i have 4g at my place? the guy is just using that search and not looking at the coverage maps... @rebuilder 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Nard_YC

Re: 4g home internet band 28 only

Hi there @rustynails. Sorry to hear about the experience you've had trying to get assistance with your 4G Home Internet enquiry. We've flagged this as feedback to be passed onto the relevant teams to review to better improve customer experience in our Messaging platform.

The Huawei B818 modem supports the following LTE/4G bands: B1/3/5/7/8/20/26/28/32/38/40/41/42/43.

You can find more specifications on B818 4G WiFi Modem page

We won't be able to check your address here since this is a public forum but if you send us a PM/DM on our official Optus Facebook page or Twitter page, the team would be more than willing to check your address and clarify 4G Home Internet availability for you.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

AndS
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

@rustynailsIf you can get the Spintel SIM from the following page then it will work with the B818:

https://www.spintel.net.au/home/wireless-broadband

You should find no difference between the Optus and Spintel QOS as they both use the Optus 4G network and as far as I have seen so far no one has said the Spintel is degraded or does not support all of the bands that Optus have.

Where are you looking at the Optus coverage maps just for B28? I am not aware of any like this. There are mobile phone apps that show towers and the expected coverage, but this is not from Optus.

0 Kudos
rustynails
New Contributor
New Contributor

0 Kudos
YetAnotherAcc
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

4G/5G "fixed" mobile internet service is not the same as 4G/5G phone coverage, even if they use the same channels. The sale of fixed mobile internet services is not always availabe where phone coverage is available.
Top Contributors