Searching...
Accepted Solution

4G tower upgrade

kcn

I have a Sim router that doesn't support the current Optus band. Optus scheduled additional bands to the Mt Taylor tower (3875001) for May 31st 2018. I don't think it has happened. Optus contact people were useless (poor souls) in providing any information. How do I find someone who knows what's going on? 

Re: 4G tower upgrade

Paddylee

Unless you have a media release e. G. Local newspaper article where Optus has provided information you wont have much luck.

Submitting a proposal to add equipment to a tower (for em health regulations etc) and then actually installing equipment then activating it - can have a vast difference in dates.

Things like backhaul and site power may need to be upgraded.

Pretty sure this is the tower

https://web.acma.gov.au/rrl//site_search.site_lookup?pSITE_ID=12067

Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip? Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and/or Accepted Solution their way!

kcn

Thanks. Yes, that's the tower. Power is not an issue. Telstra, Vodaphone and Optus are there. The question is who put up the May 31st Optus schedule and by how much it's changed. If it has been cancelled altogether then I need another router. Someone must know, but who is it?

Solution

Paddylee

May 31st is when a submission was made to add further bands to this tower.

It does not mean that they will be active at that date nor provide a date when they will be activated.

LTE1800
(proposed),
WCDMA2100,
LTE2100
(proposed),
LTE2600
(proposed)
Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip? Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and/or Accepted Solution their way!
Solution

kcn

I see, I see. I had hope in front of reality.

The Javascript assessment and commendation applet didn't work for me but please take my appreciation score as 10 and the reason for excellence? Clarity and precision.

Thanks

ken

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
18 Kudos
18 Kudos
10 Kudos
9 Kudos
7 Kudos