Searching...

Re: 4G+ indoor speeds / Need a decent internet connection

Mercurial

Good idea. So two questions:

1. How do I find the right antenna for the Huawei E5186 (http://www.optus.com.au/business/broadband-internet/wireless/plans#Plans)? Roughly, how much would I expect to pay for it?

2. Can you post a link for the $59 dongle that I can try? Also, is that running on the same 4G PLUS network as the link I posted in #1?

Thanks heaps! 

caaf

antennas-to-suit-huawei-5186-4g-router certainty not an exact science but if yu was to have a chat with them, supply some details they may susgest a preferred setup.

prepaid mobile-broadband e5573 wifi and yes as you'll read it covers the same frequency range aka 4G+. The bonus would be you could stick the thing in a zip lock bag (if the weather is crap) and stick it on the roof or on a length of conduit for a bit of height. Have a good play around to see if it's worth the kinds of expensive adventure.

Cheers Dave

Note..This is an open and public support forum please refrain from posting private/personal information. Smiley Wink
I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Highlighted

LMI

At my house in St Kilda, I have 4G+ coverage, and I have closed 151 Mbps on my mobile at some times!

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
17 Kudos
16 Kudos
10 Kudos
9 Kudos
8 Kudos