Searching...
Accepted Solution

4G dropping out with Netgear LB2120

BenCBR

I’ve got a Netgear LB2120 and an Optus 140Gb/m sim. They’ve been working fine together in the Belconnen ACT area for a year. 

Over the past month we’ve had semi regular slowdowns and dropouts, but now we’re not able to get any data coming through minutes after a restart or reset. 

Modem is working fine and can be accessed. 

Modem has been reset and restarted multiple times. 

Modem is getting 4 solid bars for the majority of the time. 

Coverage map says 4G plus with no works going on around me. 

Last time it slowed right down I used online chat but got bogged down in the details of the netgear as it’s not a phone, tablet or optus branded device. After 2 hours we got nowhere, I gave up in frustration and magically it all worked fine an hour later. Maybe it’s unfair on my part, but I’m suspicious we’re being shaped or the netgear is being blocked. 

Any ideas? 

Solution

Re: 4G dropping out with Netgear LB2120

BenCBR

Just an update in-case someone stumbles across this in the future. It turns out that my internet settings weren't in the account (?) so after another reset of the modem and a wait for propagation, I have relatively stable internet again. Cheers.

Mr_Windows

Curious as to why no one from Optus responded to this post. Ben made the original on the 15th then updated on the 18th. That’s 3 days of no response, regardless if he solved the issue.

BenCBR

The problem is still appearing randomly which is very frustrating.

I’m still skeptical as to whether our area has been assigned enough capacity or...

Mr_Windows

I’m sceptical there are actually people actually incentivised to respond here and help.

optus have no phone number listed for customer service and chat are overseas suppliers who don’t care about us

it would be safe to say that optus don’t have a customer service division (unless they’re on the news about something)

BenCBR

Agreed.

Highlighted

Dan_C

G'day @BenCBR

I'm sorry we missed you the first couple of times. I'm happy to take this up with Networks and get their take.

I've trawled through a few other forums i.e. Whirlpool & the Net gear community forum, I haven't been able to find any similar reports from others using the LB2120 on Optus.

It turns out that my internet settings weren't in the account 

Are we talking the correct APN settings? 

When you get the chance, can you send us a private message? I need your full name, DOB and mobile number. You can send your details through to → http://yesopt.us/pmdan

Granted, this isn't a great example of our responsiveness, but there's a number of us that are really quite active on the forum @Mr_Windows
If you ever need direct assistance from us, we're only a PM away! 

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
18 Kudos
17 Kudos
9 Kudos
9 Kudos
7 Kudos