Searching...
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

4G bandwidth frequency

Dunluce

Hi,

I'm trying to find out what band frequency the 4G network in Kooringal Wagga is running on. the coverage on the map is purple which is 4G outdoors. I'm trying to get the signal boosted and higher inside and have been working on an antenae array. But I can't find a definitive answer on what frquency band to use. 700Mhz? 1800Mhz? I need to get the signal up to utilize 4G for mobile data as I cannot get a decent plan on the telstra backbone. No NBN for another 12 months. ADSL isn't cutting it. telstra network works great but data too expensive. Found great plans with exetel and ovo but they use optus backbone. Anyone got answers?

Solution

Re: 4G bandwidth frequency

[ Edited ]
caaf

Hey there,

Using a cool little app called Aus Phone Towers this info is as follows.

Capital TV Site

Willans Hill

WAGGA WAGGA NSW 2650

(Kooringal)

Gen, Frequency, Emission ID, MIMO Antenna number, Capacity.

4G 763MHz 10M0W7D 8x8 396Mbps

3G 2152MHz 3M84G7W 8x8 130Mbp

4G 2680MHz 20M0W7D 8x8 791Mbs

Ive omitted any Optus service currently turned off according to the app.

For full info pop over to the ACMA click here

Of course there is plenty of other stops around the traps you could point your MIMO beams to get super speed/connection.

Cheers Dave

Note..This is an open and public support forum please refrain from posting private/personal information. Smiley Wink
I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Dunluce

Thanks Dave,

I might have even used that app when looking for the closest tower. That tower is closest, I'm not sure I have a clear line of sight. There is another at the Golf club that I can get a better line of sight so I need some trial and error. I'll look at it's details on that app. it would be same frequency I'd think. Thanks heaps for your feed back. 

Cheers,

Pete.

caaf

No worries there Pete. It's a great app.. It can go as far as supplying radiation from the tower. Happy hunting.

Cheers Dave

Note..This is an open and public support forum please refrain from posting private/personal information. Smiley Wink
I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Dunluce

https://www.telcoantennas.com.au/site/category/products/4g-equipment/antennas

I just read this article/site. Might help those complaining of low signal. For those looking at data use.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
18 Kudos
17 Kudos
9 Kudos
9 Kudos
7 Kudos