Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
_1
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

4G and 5G network issues

Sales of Samsung Galaxy S20 phones that do not work on the Optus 4G and 5G networks are a known problem, as was explained to me by an Optus store manager. I currently only receive calls and can make calls when I restrict my handset to 3G. Even then I don't receive 100% of my calls. I have now been told by the help team to take it up with my phone insurance. This problem is something that I first noticed early December.
Anyone else suffering with an amazing phone that has no network availability?
Does anyone have a workaround other than restricting a brand new handset to very old networks?
0 Kudos
12 Replies
Aman_YC

Re: 4G and 5G network issues

Hi @_1 -  Thanks for reaching out to us here. 

So far we have not received any reported of S20 with network issues as such. I also use the same S20 5G handset and have never incurred any issues with 4G or 5G. 

Can you please try to swap your SIM at Optus store to rule out a SIM issue.  I would also check the network in the area where you don't get 4G or 5G. Please click here  to check if there are any network works there.  I'd also  recommend using your SIM in a spare handset  and see if the issue remains. 

Apart from this please make sure you have selected Network performance. This is in My Optus App, more> App settings and here select Network performance. 

If you’re still needing a hand, we recommend messaging us via the My Optus App. The team is available 24/7 and are ready to assist customers as quickly as possible.
If for some reason you’re unable to, if you have a social media account, please then Optus on Facebook or on Twitter with the details for further assistance mentioning you’re unable to use the My Optus app. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

_1
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Funny you say that, I'm now 18 hours into conversing with support and have been told the 4G network is now supported with the UI 3.0 upgrade, and that it is a known issue.
0 Kudos
Aman_YC

Hi @ _1 - Please send a PM to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter with the details  so that we can assist with the fault and if required escalate it or get more updates on the 4G issue related to your handset. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos
_1
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

The issues have been constant since early December. The in app help team have now escalated the issue.
0 Kudos
Ajwhiteroofing
New Contributor
New Contributor

I am having the same problem since december. How do i get this fixed?
0 Kudos
Jack_YC

Hi @Ajwhiteroofing, thanks for letting us know. I recommend checking our Network Status page to see if there are any faults or scheduled maintenance in your area. I also suggest running through the steps in this mobile network troubleshooting guide to see if that improves your connection. 

If you continue to experience any issues with your service, please send us a message via the My Optus App so we check this out for you in more detail. 

_1
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Ive been advised that my issue has been escalated up to tge engineers and also the Optuse legal team will be contacting me regarding the nearly six months tge service has been faulty. The 5G issue is simply that I'm smack bang between two towers and the broadcast range misses me by about 300 meters. Again, the phone now receives 4G calls, although the service is at best two bars at my home. This issue has been September, not December as stated above.
0 Kudos
Tina_YC

Thanks for getting back to us with an update, @_1. We're sorry for the on-going issues you've had with us so far. If you would like us to look into your case, please send us a send a Private Message to the official Optus Facebook page or Twitter page along with your Case reference number. Tina. 

Mog42xx
New Contributor
New Contributor

Yes. This is a problem. I tried two optus sims and there were the same issues with both. Optus' solution was to put the phone in aeroplane mode and back again. It's fine if you don't mind doing that 50 times a day. It also happened to my partner. Once we changed carriers there was no issue. Poor service Optus
0 Kudos
Top Contributors