Searching...

4G Wireless Internet Speeds

Pammy53

Hi everyone,

I'm from Mildura and have just signed on to am $80 per month 4G wirless internet plan.  We have 2 towers in close proximity to our house.

I am wondering what sort of speeds we are likely to experience, would anyone have an idea on this please?  We will be using a C6 wifi modem.

Re: 4G Wireless Internet Speeds

Yeldarb

Mine varies dramatically from as low as 1 Mbps to anything up to 50 Mbps. Providing you don't get any dropout and speeds average somewhere in the middle I would be happy.

http://members.optusnet.com.au/yeldarb/index.html

speed-test-today.jpg

Highlighted

Pammy53

Thanks for that.  It seems to be a bit of a lottery, your results are encouraging tho Smiley Happy

Yeldarb

The speeds do vary considerably however I am a fair distance from the tower. I would expect your closer proximity to the towers would not cause the fluctuations that I am getting. Overall the Optus 4G network has been extremely reliable for me. Smiley Happy

Pammy53

That's great to know.  One of the towers is next to a major shopping centre.  The other one is out in a paddock without anything around it, about 500 metres from our house.  All I can do really is wait and see.  Thanks again!

Yeldarb

Yep sounds like my local tower. In a paddock on a hill miles from everyone and everything. Cheers Smiley Very Happy

local-tower.jpg

Paddylee

Not sure what a C6 Wifi modem is so that makes it difficult to advise. Does it have any other info? 

Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip? Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and/or Accepted Solution their way!

Pammy53

Wow, what a great pic!  Nice spot there, pity it's not a lookout tower up top.  Cheers!

Pammy53

It's a 4G Plus Wifi Modem (Cat 6) B525.  It comes from Optus when ordering.

Davelew

@Yeldarb

You love those pictures from your drone.

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
25 Kudos
23 Kudos
18 Kudos
15 Kudos
13 Kudos