Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: 4G Broadband Connectivity Issues St Andrews Victoria.

There looks to be no further update on that ticket since that phone call so from here due to the COVID-19 situation we have I’d really suggest messaging us on Social Media, either Facebook or Twitter. They do have a point of escalation for the following urgent enquiries:

• No Broadband connectivity (no access to the internet) 
  • No Mobile connectivity (can't make or receive calls) 

If you mention that you were sent through by Ray_YC they'll be able to help you out. Please note, the team won’t be able to respond right away, but they’ll be with you as soon as they can. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: 4G Broadband Connectivity Issues St Andrews Victoria.

Hi Ray,

Appreciate you getting back to me and trying to help.

Unfortunately i don't have either a Facebook or Twitter account so will be unable to call them out on social media on their poor service.

We are now into our 5th week with no data service. I have called them multiple times to try and explain the situation and continually get palmed off. I called last week and was awaiting a call back which never came.

I have now had to purchase a prepaid boost mobile sim along with a Netgear LB2120 which has been flawless this past week, i will be keeping these receipts for refund from Optus when they finally get their act together along with the $85 monthly bill for no service.

Covid 19 or not, 5 weeks for Optus to assess their own infrastructure is beyond a joke. Just to be clear i have taken the following steps to resolve the situation.

- replaced the sim twice

- reset the modem ( i don't know how many times - the button is a fine nub now)

- requested a new modem, which was repeatedly rejected by Optus.

- brought an external antenna and cable at a $350 expense

- complained to tech support

- posted here hoping for it to get looked at

- posted on whirlpool forums looking for advice

I have done everything I can, please stop asking me to do more things. It is strictly on Optus to attempt resolution now.

Regards

Mark.

0 Kudos