cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
RetiredModerator Ge0ff
RetiredModerator

Re: 2G Network Update

Hi @Eweasel, No work has begun yet over in Perth, I had a look at some of the towers over in Perth CBD and GSM/2G frequencies are all still active/live. When the 2G decommission begins, we will be notified and update customers 🙂

@feyone, Unfortunately I do not have the specific dates when it will be decommissioned but I confirmed the date is by April 2017. As soon as there are updates we'll be sure to update the thread. If the 2G had been decommissioned already you should not have any service which is why I believe it may be a potential fault. 

Contributor AndrewSc
Contributor

I don't mean to dilute your message, and your grievance may be justified. But ... works for me ... 

GSM in Sydney CBD

0 Kudos
New Contributor mtisa
New Contributor

Can you please tell me if there is 2G signal in Mt Isa QLD 4825 presently? Thanks.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor feyone
Occasional Contributor

The tech I spoke to explained about the 2G frequencies being effectively pillaged.
If it's a fault, why hasn't it been addressed for 3 months - answer it's 2G and Optus/Singtel don't care.

Also note that I said it gave 1 way service - not "no connection"
- a clear indication of not enough frequencies/bandwidth rather than none.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor feyone
Occasional Contributor

Indeed - you are in Sydney, not Melbourne western CBD or Geelong.

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Ge0ff
RetiredModerator

Hi @mtisa, Had a look at Mt Isa and 2G is still active/live with no update on when they will begin the decommission on the 2G which means it will not be any time soon 🙂

Occasional Contributor syncro
Occasional Contributor

Where I live in Bowral I only have 2G so when Optus switches off the 2G I will have to move to Telstra. The coverage map has nothing to do with reality.

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Ge0ff
RetiredModerator

Hi @syncro, I had a look at coverage over in Bowral NSW and I can see that there is 3G coverage there, if your handset supports 3G it should connect, also recommend checking the settings to ensure that it configured to connect to 3G by checking the network mode.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor syncro
Occasional Contributor

No I don't think that you understand. I have access to 3x 3G phones and if I walk to the bottom of my street and back one block I can get a poor 3G signal. Throughout most of Bowral there is no 3G signal. Even the 2G signal is poor and intermittent in my street (outdoors). Your coverage maps are all rubbish. Unfortunately when the 2G is switched off, like a lot of other customers I will have to go to Telstra.

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Ge0ff
RetiredModerator

Hi @syncro, I will need to look further into this to see how the coverage is at your address, could you please send me a PM with your mobile number and address? Thanks

0 Kudos