cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question

Yes Crowd will close and be redirected to Help & Support on the 1st November 2021. Thank you to every member who has made this community such a helpful and supportive place for customers and staff to interact to help serve along with improve our products and services. You will be missed.

TT2
New Contributor
New Contributor

2-factor authentication problem

Hello,

Just got my number ported over from Telstra network last week and appears 2-factor authentication isn't working. Strangely it did work in the first couple days but hasn't in the last 2 days now - no SMS with the codes is received. Have read other customers having similar problems and wondering if this is due to numbers not being ported across properly from other service providers?

I contacted support (chat) but got told to reset to factory defaults which probably isn't the solution I was after given have used the same phone on Vodafone, Telstra (Boost) and Amaysim (Optus?) without any issues. Have tested 2-factor authentication using two different services but no luck.  It's like the service is being filtered out but other than that normal calls/text is fine.

Any advise much appreciated..

Cheers

0 Kudos
4 Replies
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: 2-factor authentication problem

Are you talking about Optus 2FA or just some websites that use 2FA?

If the later then the issue is likely with the site not Optus. 2FA is just sending an SMS, and if SMS is working then you should be good to go.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

TT2
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thanks for responding Peter and no it's not Optus 2FA. I'm having issues with Office 365 and also a VPN solution which are completely unrelated services that both utilise MFA. However the automated call back authentication seems to work with O365  - just not SMS.

0 Kudos
lewo
New Contributor
New Contributor

Any solution for this same problem with Facebook coming from Telstra

0 Kudos
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Hi

Lewo, you're better off making a new post as the only people that will see this post are anyone that replied to it back in February. New posts pop up at the top of the list. FWIW I don't really understand your question - what does 'coming from Telstra' mean?

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Top Contributors