Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Winner1001
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

1 bar signal in Brighton

Since 2017 we have had 1 bar signal at our front door and one bar at our back door. Inside the house it is 0.5 bar or SOS.

I should have followed it up sooner but was too busy with work.

I have changed SIM per Optus command and no difference. Using all iPhone 11's. All visitors with Optus and Android or Apple handsets have the same issue.

Optus have done a lot of "diagnostics" and kept me appraised via MyOptus and a case number.

The service is not of merchantable quality in my opinion because we get a lot of dropouts, a lot of calls don't get through but we get missed call messages and sms messages are delayed which means we cant log into a lot of websites from time to time without the one time password on sms.

I'm obviously in a low signal spot, just my luck, but surely a closer transmitter would fix this ?

Especially because at my back fence I get 3 bars and at the front fence 2 bars.

I found a Cel-Fi Go 2 repeater which would cost $2,800 including installation to install to fix this problem.

Our family has put up with this for three years and we have had enough.

Has anyone successfully compelled Optus to pay for this under the Telecomms Act ?

0 Kudos
14 Replies
Kartika

Re: 1 bar signal in Brighton

Hi Loser1001, sorry to hear about your ongoing mobile connection issue. You can always check our coverage map → here. Have you raised it with our Technical Support team before?

If the issue still continues then you are best to speak with our Technical Support team via the → messaging service to assist you further.

Kartika__________________________________________________________________________
I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Winner1001
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Katrina, yes I have a case number and then the case was escalated to engineers for which there is a seperate case number. Optus suggested I go to another provider but I don’t accept this as a solution, even if they do let me out of my contracts.

I believe Optus is legally required to provide proper coverage.

I understand that they can’t guarantee what will happen inside a building or home because the construction can affect signal strength. However one bar at the front door and the same at the back door is not functional coverage in my opinion. 

It seems we are in a dead spot and all it would take is for Optus to slightly redirect a transmitter to ensure that we are at least in a radio frequency lobe if not the main lobe for that transmitter. There are multiple transmitters on each tower therefore I think this is a reasonable request. There is no cost to Optus to do this as they already employ those engineers.

Alternately, Optus should fund the third party repeater.

Can you help me by advising how I can escalate this further inside Optus please ? A direct message to the transmission tower engineering team would be very helpful.

I have an electronics background and can have a sensible conversation with them.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Jack_YC

Hi @Winner1001, thanks for that further info. In order to escalate your query further, please send us a message via our Facebook or Twitter pages, or reach out to us via the My Optus App. We'll then be able to follow up on this for you from there. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos
Winner1001
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

In response to your suggestion, did you actually read my message ?
I re iterate “... yes I have a case number and then the case was escalated to engineers for which there is a seperate case number. “
I also confirmed the two case numbers were raised using the MyOptus ap.

Why would you suggest I use the app and get case numbers ?

I already stated this was done in my prior message.

Please  help.

0 Kudos
Winner1001
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

In response to your suggestion, did you actually read my message ?

I re iterate “... yes I have a case number and then the case was escalated to engineers for which there is a seperate case number. “
I also confirm the two case numbers were raised using the MyOptus ap.

Why would you suggest I use the app and get case numbers ?

I already stated this was done in my prior message.

Please  help.

0 Kudos
Ness_YC

Sorry for the confusion, @Winner1001. Since your enquiry has been escalated with our Technical Case Management Team you should be able to monitor your case on the My Optus App by navigating to Help > Cases. Once you have your case open, I would recommend leaving a message for your Senior Expert who will review you message and get in touch with you directly.

If you have any questions regarding this, our Messaging Team also operate 24/7 via the My Optus App and are ready to assist. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos
Winner1001
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Your Technical Support people already gave up and said they could not solve the problem.
They told me to go to another provider because they cant solve the technical issue.
I dont want to go to another provider.
I want Optus to escalate to a Director to deal with the issue.
0 Kudos
George_YC

Sorry to hear that @Winner1001. If you have a social media account, please then send a PM to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter with the details for further assistance. They'll be able to have a look into your case and see if anything more can be done for you.

0 Kudos
AndS
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

@Winner1001I would suggest googling "mobile black spot" and have a look at what is being done about black spots.