cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor bunnee
Occasional Contributor

National Geographic, misleading advertising

OMG! After searching through here, I realise lots of people have problems with the Nat Geo verification process. I signed up to MyPlanPlus55 last week & yes, problem with verification process saying NG isn't available on my plan, although it is! Despite numerous (read: MANY) live chats and phone calls (one lasted 60 minutes), I've no resolution in sight!! I'm very unhappy with Optus. I was with another provider for donkey years and decided to port my number to Optus. I'm soooo regretting it! An agent over the phone gave me a reference number, she promised she'll call me back within an hour but it's been 9 hours and she clearly broke her promise. I've chat transcripts emailed to me as evidence. I would really appreciate it if someone from Optus can solve this frustrating verification problem. Otherwise I'll go to Consumer Affairs because clearly, Optus, you are advertising a product which does not work and this is misleading and false advertising. Optus, you are clearly aware that you have been fined more than once for misleading advertisements. Just stating facts. 

8 Replies
Occasional Contributor

Re: National Geographic, misleading advertising

Also, please do not ask me to uninstall and reinstall the app because I've done that many times. 

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Toomey
RetiredModerator

Hey @bunnee, I'm sorry to hear you've had so many issues trying to get this resolved. Please feel free to send me a private message with the below information so I can escalate this for you.

Full Name:
DOB:
Phone Number:
Are You The Primary Account Holder: Yes/No

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
New Contributor Earthhorse1978
New Contributor

So it is not real deal? I just tried to install and just tried install and uninstall as the solution provided by the live chat agent. Seems I am not the only one having issues. Can we demand to break the contract as portion of the service is not made available? I just paid my 1st month bill and just tried Nat Geo. I signed the same plan as attracted of Nat Geo features just no time to tried in the past.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Hi @Earthhorse1978

My problem was solved, thanks to the moderators here. It did take 9 days and you have to keep following up with them if you don't hear from them. @@Toomey 

@

0 Kudos
New Contributor Kjl
New Contributor

Hi,

I'm having the same issue. 

The app won't verify me. I've tried the online chat with optus and have tried their solutions multiple times, however it still is not working. 

Can you help?

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

@Kjl, sorry to be a pain, but can I just confirm you've tried the following?

The app automatically detects your eligibility based on the mobile phone number or My Account details you supply

Nat Geo activation & login process

1. Download the Nat Geo application
  2. Enter your mobile number or My Account login details (if it's the latter, make sure your service is linked to the My Account username you supply
  3. Enter your verification code, (you'll receive an activation code after entering your details in for the first time).

If you've never received your verification code

If you’ve been asked to enter a verification code but you haven't received one after 24 hours, try the following:

1. Check you've entered the correct mobile service number
  2. Select Request a New Code from within the app

--------------------------------------------------------------
We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor Kjl
New Contributor

Hey @Dan_C

I've tried this multiple times and this has not worked. 

0 Kudos
New Contributor Kjl
New Contributor

@Dan_C

Any other suggestions?

0 Kudos
Top Contributors