cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Occasional Contributor Ken-Worth
Occasional Contributor

National Geographic App

I tried to watch a video on the National Geographic App only to get a message that the video was only available in Australia. I am an Optus customer, obviously. 

An someone help?

Thank you

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: National Geographic App

You're not outside Australia or using a VPN or anything of that nature?

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for your reply. Yes I am using a VPN,  but, I can watch other Nat Geo videos ok except for the one I wanted to see. 

0 Kudos
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

I can't explain why one lot of videos would work over the other however using a VPN that would take you outside Australia is the main cause of this problem.. Try turning it off.

0 Kudos
Moderator Kartika

Hey @Ken-Worth, The National Geographic App and its content is only for use in Australia. It may be possible to access some content via the app while you’re overseas. Streaming while connected to a VPN (Virtual Private Network) won’t be data free. This is because we won’t be able to detect your streaming traffic. Please refer to this link for more info. 

Kartika__________________________________________________________________________
I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for your reply, I do appreciate it.

I am in Australia & its only the one video I’m having trouble watching, it keeps telling me that its only available in Australia. All other videos or articles are fine.

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Toomey
RetiredModerator

Have you tried the video without the VPN just to rule out that it's not the VPN that's affecting it?

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

I can't watch several videos, with or without VPN.

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Toomey
RetiredModerator

Hmmm I'm not sure what to suggest sorry. 

You could try logging into the app on a friend/family member's phone to see if the issue replicates. This would identify if the problem is with your account or device.

0 Kudos