Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Highlighted
New Contributor shesapples
New Contributor

Re: National Geographic App

Ah yes, the old "turn it off and on again"? 😜

Thank you for your reply!

I have done that: deleted the app and started again. I have followed the sms prompts again and got to the Terms of Service window again. And here it ends. I have no way of getting past this window other than clicking on the cross in the top left corner and when I do that it takes me back to the beginning of the process. And if I minimalise the app and tap back into it, it is asking me to "Get Started" again to use it. So the Terms of Service window seems to be my problem. What SHOULD be on that window in order for me to proceed forward?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Haha, yes. The “ol” switch it off then on again. That generally does the trick! Unfortunately, this time round, it's proven unsuccessful. What's the make and model of the handset that you're using?

I've given it a go from scratch (using an iPhone 7).

• I receive a prompt asking that I enter my mobile number
  • I'm then sent a verification code
  • Once that's entered, I accept the T's and C's and I'm in

How far do you get?

-----------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
New Contributor

Yes my phone is unfortunately dinosaur-esque: it's an iphone 5. Perhaps that is the problem. I don't get any option to leave the Terms of Service window. I can read the Terms and I can check the two boxes to say I agree but there is no button to say "Next" or anything like that. Damn, I really want to win that trip to Greenland!

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hmm, which version of iOS are you running? We need you on iOS 10 or above. It's always best to have the latest update. For the iPhone 5, I believe that's iOS 10.3.3.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
New Contributor

It's running version 10.3.3 (14G60)

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator AlexRH
RetiredModerator

Hmm, okay, can you please PM me with your mobile number, full name and DOB? 

We'll see what we can do 🙂 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos