cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Highlighted
New Contributor Yoshi900
New Contributor

National Geographic loops when trying to add the mobile number in on iphone

Hi, 

I can successfully install and verify the National Geographic application on my Android, but when I try to install it on my iphone (which is not on the optus network) it keep looping saying "Enter your optus mobile number" and I do not recieve a verification code after I do this. Is the app broken for iphones not on optus? is there another way to verifiy?

EDIT: I have installed and uninstalled the app a couple of times and still have the issue.. I have also logged out of the app on the Android and tried the verification again which worked perfectly. And I have gone through the troubleshooting. 

I have also tried entering in my username and password but that just redirects to entering in the number for the optus account Smiley Sad 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: National Geographic loops when trying to add the mobile number in on iphone

Because it's not on the Optus network, you can't verify a number that isn't on the Optus service.

I'm a Yes-Crowd Contributor, not an Optus Employee, and I contribute on a voluntary basis. Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and or Accepted Solution their way.
0 Kudos
New Contributor Yoshi900
New Contributor

ok so what you are saying even though I enter my number in (optus network) it won't allow the non optus network phone to do the verify test? So how do you add other non optus network devices? As I am allowed 2. 

0 Kudos
New Contributor Yoshi900
New Contributor

It looks like there is just a timing issue with this. 

Firstly sign up on the optus network phone/device. Then wait a few days (maybe a week) and then it worked without an issue on the iphone (which is not on the optus network) 

0 Kudos
Top Contributors