Searching...
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

National Geographic loops when trying to add the mobile number in on iphone

[ Edited ]
Yoshi900

Hi, 

I can successfully install and verify the National Geographic application on my Android, but when I try to install it on my iphone (which is not on the optus network) it keep looping saying "Enter your optus mobile number" and I do not recieve a verification code after I do this. Is the app broken for iphones not on optus? is there another way to verifiy?

EDIT: I have installed and uninstalled the app a couple of times and still have the issue.. I have also logged out of the app on the Android and tried the verification again which worked perfectly. And I have gone through the troubleshooting. 

I have also tried entering in my username and password but that just redirects to entering in the number for the optus account Smiley Sad 

Re: National Geographic loops when trying to add the mobile number in on iphone

Jeneral__Pain

Because it's not on the Optus network, you can't verify a number that isn't on the Optus service.

I'm a Yes-Crowd Contributor, not an Optus Employee, and I contribute on a voluntary basis. Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and or Accepted Solution their way.

[ Edited ]
Yoshi900

ok so what you are saying even though I enter my number in (optus network) it won't allow the non optus network phone to do the verify test? So how do you add other non optus network devices? As I am allowed 2. 

Solution

Yoshi900

It looks like there is just a timing issue with this. 

Firstly sign up on the optus network phone/device. Then wait a few days (maybe a week) and then it worked without an issue on the iphone (which is not on the optus network) 

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
3 Kudos
2 Kudos
2 Kudos
2 Kudos
1 Kudo