Searching...
Accepted Solution

Date of migration to NBn

FenMan

I was told by phone that I would be connected today 16/01. But when nobody arrived or contacted me I did live chat. They told me it was booked for 23rd. No transcript of original call. Anyone had similar experiences?

Re: Date of migration to NBn

[ Edited ]
petergdownload

NBN service guys not arriving on the appointed day is not unusual. Optus have no control over if they do turn up. What Optus do have control over (and responsibility for) is following up installation status, confirming connections and keeping the customer informed about what is happening. 

Unfortuantely Optus don't seem to do this and instead rely on customers to get back to them before they start asking questions. Hopefully the 23rd will be the charm.

Peter Gillespie

Solution

Davelew

Hi

My experience was that I got an SMS from the NBN telling me the date of the connection and asking me to confirm I would be there by replying Yes. The text came through about 5 days before the connection date.

Dave

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Highlighted

Davelew

Hi @FenMan

You may be interested in reading my blog on my experience of migrating to the NBN:

https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/Blog/My-NBN-experience-with-Optus-Placing-the-Order-Connection-Day/...

@Dan_C I am plugging the blog again.

Dave

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Dan_C

By all means, keep plugging @Davelew Smiley Wink 

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses to private messages will be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
1 Kudo
1 Kudo