Searching...

where is qos ?? (Sagemcom F@ST 3864AC)

[ Edited ]
Steven1234123

F3864AC.pngHi~ there.

I have Sagemcom F@ST 3864AC modem.

Because i want use QOS!

So I did order to Optus and than i did got the modem today.

But i can't find that.

help me please.

Re: where is qos ?? (Sagemcom F@ST 3864AC)

Davelew

I think you will be unable to access the QOS settings because Optus limit access to many of the settings.

I would be interested if anyone has been able to access the QOS settings.

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy

[ Edited ]
Steven1234123

I said I already wanted to use qos for optus before I changed my modem.
Then they recommended this modem.
If I can not adjust the qos, this is rubbish.

Davelew

You need to talk to technical support but they tend to be a little short of knowledge of these things. Hopefully a moderator will pick up your post and progress this for you.

As I said before I would be interested if you are able to access these settings.

I have bridged my Optus modem and use a Netgear modem to amend and access settings.

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Steven1234123

If I could not set up the qos, the optus should have removed the ATM QOS in the above photo.
I am very dissatisfied with this and this is a fraud!

This is False advertising!

Toomey

Sorry for the troubles @Steven1234123. Tech Support advise we can't support modification of some advanced settings and QoS isn't something we guarantee with a connection.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Steven1234123

So, Opus is a scammer!
It's a false ad.
I can sue it with this.

ScottBurgess

I'm not so sure about sueing, but certainly this is a feature that was advertised and must have its restriction lifted ASAP.

Berowra2

Hi @Steven1234123 and @ScottBurgess, The device is capable of QOS.

What are you using the modem for?  Are you connecting to the internet?  What and where is the other end for the QoS to terminate?

If you are using the internet (not an IPVPN) QoS bits are ignored/stripped.  If you want to have QoS, you will need to tunnel and then it is the tunnelling application that sets the QoS, not the modem.

If you are using internet via an NBN tail, all data is set to TC4 (Traffic Class 4 - best effort).  If you have voice, it is sent via TC1 (enhanced forwarding/constant bit rate/etc.).  You cannot change this.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
103 Kudos
36 Kudos
31 Kudos
14 Kudos
14 Kudos