Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor WhyDoINeedThis
Occasional Contributor

what happens to my NBN order?

Over a week ago I placed an order for NBN via Live Chat with someone called Hugo P. I didn't write down the order number thinking that by requesting the chat script, it will be there. Unfortunealtey chat script I requested never arrived and I haven't received any SMS nor email on my order status.

Few days ago I chatted with another agent and he(or she) assured me to waut another few days and I will get order confirmation. Nothing happened.

can someone help finding out what happens with my order (based on my landline or mobile - happy to provide via PM).

or should I switch to another provider?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
10 Replies
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: what happens to my NBN order?

Order confirmation can be a bit spotty at Optus IME. They also don't have the most transparent approach to NBN setups.

First up perhaps a mod @Dan_C can check your account to see what's indicated. If there's nothing showing then get an email confirming that (you don't want tohave Optus sign you up in a weeks time a second time) and then decide if you want to re-apply or go elsewhere.

Peter Gillespie

Occasional Contributor

Thanks Peter

0 Kudos
Crowd Champion Davelew
Crowd Champion

Hi

Link to my blog on ordering NBN may be of interest to you to show you the process:

https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/Blog/My-NBN-experience-with-Optus-Placing-the-Order-Connection-Day/...

One bit of advice when the NBN technician arrives make sure your know where you want the connection and be firm about it being installed there.

Dave

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Dave

Any idea how big the modern is?

My phone line entry to the house is in the living room. Do they normally put the modem there at the spot where the copper line come to the house or I can ask the moder to be put in another room (study room which is next to the living room)

Thanks

Tony

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Crowd Champion Davelew
Crowd Champion

Depends on what type of connection you have.

Have a look at this link:

https://www.telstra.com.au/support/category/broadband/nbn/What-technology-types-are-used-on-the-nbn-...

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Nice plug @Davelew 😉 

In case other land on this thread in the future.

As in the case of @WhyDoINeedThis

Customers may be given a non-standard order reference number - it's usually 5-6 digits long.

If for whatever reason, we're unable to process the order using our frontline sales system, the agent will submit a non-standard order request. These do need to be actioned by admin team and can add a couple of days to the normal processing time.

--------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Occasional Contributor

Thanks to Pete, Dan and Dave, finally I got an email from Optus about NBN installation date. The strange thing about the email is that it said I will be using my existing Optus modem which I never had. But will wait for the SMS closer to the date first.

as I have FTTC and after reading few other posts here, I am worried that I may not get the NBN50 speed as indicated. will see what happens.

TonySmiley Happy

0 Kudos
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

No need to worry about the NBN50 speeds on FTTC. FTTC can do 250Mbps easily. Only reason you'd be getting less if there was a fault in the line (NBN, Optus or your setup). Here's to a smooth transition.

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Cheers for the shout out @WhyDoINeedThis

I'm hopeful that won't be a situation we run into.

We're always here to help, so reach out at any time. 

--------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors