cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

webmail unusable

I dont know if this is the correct board to ask a question, however here goes.

Optus webmail. is it as useless as many say? I find it is terribly slow to log on, slow to delete messages, slow to open messages. I have timed this and often over 60 seconds, and today I cannot open any folders.

and yes, have tried to the trouble shooting guide for web mail, rebooted both the modem and computer. I'm convinced the Optus webmail system is simply overloaded with customers as it comes good early in morning or late at night

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: webmail unusable

Its definitely Optus' mail servers that are overloaded.

Today is particularly bad and there have been a flood of posts complaining about it. 

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

thanks for letting me know, in the time I posted and to your answer was the length of time it took to open one of my folders
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Yes. This after two weeks of 'Optus' can't find the solution why attahment can't upload, now webmail is terribly slow 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Totally agree.  As I take care of elderly family members internet accounts, most of them are with different providers, I have had experiences with a lot of webmail sites and Optus would have to be one of the most useless which unfortunately is my provider.  It always seems to trying to open and then times out before I can even get to my email and it has the look and feel that it was programmed in the 90's and hasn't been updated since. 

Never mind all the emails that randomly disappear or don't disappear when I want them to.  Maybe my webmail has opened in the time it has taken to open and type this response.  That would be a no. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi @Renpaulnat, sorry to hear about your Optus Webmail issue. Please refer to our Email → Help & Support page for some troubleshooting. If the issue still continues then you are best to speak with our Technical Support team either via the → messaging service or by calling them on  131344 - Mon - Fri: 8am - 8pm Sat: 9am - 5pm AEST to assist you further.

Kartika__________________________________________________________________________
I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

I'll give that a go but I think the webmail is just overloaded.

for now I just dont use it, and important email I use Gmail.

have also installed Mozilla Thunderbird for my email with the same optus email address and that works fine

yesterday I tried to use the webmail and it just would not open, the circle kept spinning for minutes and eventually an error message came up

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thank you for your reply Kartika but it has been useless for 7 years so I don't think your suggestion will help. It has not changed in the whole time I have been an Optus broadband customer.
0 Kudos
Top Contributors