cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
New Contributor
New Contributor

waiting time for HFC NBN connection box

Would you please let me know usually how long it takes for NBN to install or post the HFC NBN connection box? My unit already has the HFC socket on the wall and NBN connection in the premise. It seems like that I might simply need to connect the HFC NBN connection box. 

However, It has been seven weeks since I apply for NBN with Optus. I have received the modem two weeks ago, and I am still waiting for the HFC NBN connection box. Is such as long wait normal for NBN?

I have talked to customer service through MyOptus, and he/she said there is nothing Optus can do except filing a complaint to NBN...

I understand it is indeed a difficult time, but I am really hoping to know a rough time line for the postage of NBN connection box...as my work now needs a lot of video streaming...

Thanks,

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: waiting time for HFC NBN connection box

At the moment there is no 'normal'. That said it sounds like you just need an NBN NTD (a small NBN modem). You can only keep bugging Optus to arrange to send you one (and they can only get the NBN to have an appointment and get it installed. Contact Optus and keep asking (yes it is a long wait).
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

@tim_c wrote:

My unit already has the HFC socket on the wall and NBN connection in the premise.

So was that NBN connection there before you moved in? If so then the previous tenant must have taken the NBN connection box. That box is the property of NBN Co an must stay with the property. Tell your landlord to contact the previous tenant and get them to return it. It might be faster to do it that way then just waiting on Optus to deal with it . 

New Contributor
New Contributor

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately, previous tenants went back oversea and the box is gone...
0 Kudos