Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
NMSL123
New Contributor
New Contributor

unexpected outages

I currently have got total of six outages since April. Everytime I call Optus, there are gonna be an indian take my call and running in circles then just ask me to wait for service to be fixed. 

Is it reasonable to have 6 random internet cut off in 8 months time? I would not even sign the 2 year contract with optus if I know im going to get a outage every one or two months.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Yeldarb
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: unexpected outages

Less than one outage per month does not seem that bad if its just a matter of doing a restart and you are up and running again. Maybe hit them up for some form of compensation the next time it happens. 

0 Kudos
Shanman
New Contributor
New Contributor

I get multiple per week. Drops for 15 mins to a few hours. My partner works from home during the day sometimes and has given up on relying on the NBN and dials in thru mobile 4G. We have jumped on the merry go round of trying to get it sorted a few times but it just keeps happening.
0 Kudos
NMSL123
New Contributor
New Contributor

having an unexpected outage every month is certainly terrible. Each time the outage last like 10 hours to maximum 3 days.  How is a restart takes that long? I'm rely on the wired internet to run my EFTPOS machine.

Some of your call centre guys think having internet cut off is not a big deal, because you can use mobile data. But my EFTPOS machine does not have WI-FI.

Imagine running a business and losing sales due to Optus cutting off my internet. 

I would allow unexpected outage to happen. But once a year is like the maximum I can allow. 

0 Kudos