Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
kyriacandro
Contributor
Contributor

speed pack

hi i recently changed my nbn plan to the $80 plan with the highest speed pack before i was had the middle speed pack and was always almost getting 50/25 ive upgraded to the highest speed but have not had any change in speed i have FTTP which i thought could get full speed. is there a way of checkng if my speed pack i active

0 Kudos
8 Replies
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: speed pack

I realise its the internet but some attention to punctiation could make what your trying to say clearer.

If you run a speed test off peak (midnight to 6pm) and don't get above 50Mbps then your speed pack is not applied.

Note that getting 100Mbps costs $20 more (so $100 a month).

Regards

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
10000000000GB
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

The internet is congested with Turnbull. This is a different type of bull than normal bull.

0 Kudos
kyriacandro
Contributor
Contributor

what im saying is i have the highest speed pack paid for and FTTP and i never get over 50mbps i rang optus they said its activated but clearly its not

0 Kudos
Toomey
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Your speed pack needs changing in 3 different systems, so it could be possible that one of these was missed. Jump into Live Chat with Tech Support and they can double check for you.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

@Toomey

But apparently LIVECHAT looks at "System One" and tells the customer its activated. Leading to frustration on both ends.

If there are three systems why don't customer service people know this? 

Why does a process that must occur 100's of times a day often misfire?

Why is the process so opaque to customers? 

Surely there should be a guy that gets each request for a speed change. They should get the customers details (including mobile number). They then update the three systems and then confirm the speeds have updated. Finally SMS/Email the customer to tell them to reset their modem and run a speed test. In the event of it not working a direct option to contact Optus could be given to have the failing sorted out on the spot.

Instead, customers put in a request, get told by someone it should happen sometime in the next 1-48 hours. After which they find no change in performance and call back to someone else only to be told its all working. Call back tomorrow if it still isn't etc.

NB These are rhetorical question Toomey as obviously you aren't responsible or able to make any such changes. But surely Optus could take a look at some of these very common day to day customer/Optus interactions and put in place some processes to handle the times when it doesn't go right?

Regards

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

@kyriacandro

Seems like your speed pack hasn't applied (good to know there's a simple fix to your slow speeds though)

As suggested, all you can do is call back and ask them to check again. 

Regards

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
kyriacandro
Contributor
Contributor

i spoke to them again today they told me its all active. Low and behold no speed change. im really cant do anything but laugh about it now

0 Kudos
Dan_C
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

@kyriacandro, I've sent you a private message. You're welcome to chat with us there. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos