cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor allofasudden
New Contributor

speed dropped after a fault was fix, and where do I check what speed I "should" be connecting at?

So the backstory, Monday last week my 50/20 FTTN connection went down, prior I was connecting at 35/12, I was O.K with that, logged fault with Optus, it was "fixed", but now I can only connect at 25/8, apparently that is my max for the line.

I find it strange that after a fault is fixed I get a slower connection. The tech solution was to go to a higher plan, well that's dumb, so no, next solution, leave me on 50/20 plan and remove the cost for the speed pack and "hope" it's comes back, so pay nothing for the speed pack I now can't get and hope when I reconnect each day that it's "fixed" and fast again.

Checked with chat a few days later about speed fault logged, apparently issue resolved, they put my plan back to 25/10, requested it get's put back to 50/20 where it's supposed to be, and told it's done. Something happened as the modem reset 3 times. conduct a speed check, and still slow...

Any ideas on what's going on?

Second, is there a place in the dashboard I can see what plan connection speed I am on and paying for?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: speed dropped after a fault was fix, and where do I check what speed I "should" be connecting...

Hmm, that's odd. In the past you've could achieve speeds of 35Mbps +, yet now we're advising that your maximum attainable line speed is 25/8? That doesn’t sound right at all.

You're welcome to send us a PM with your account details. I'll need you to fill out the template below and send that back through? 

Are you the primary account holder: Y/N

Your full name:
DOB:

Account number: 

We'll check which speed pack has been provisioned against your account. I'll also try and give you a better indication of your maximum line speed. I'll respond back as soon as I can.

http://yesopt.us/pmdan

--------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor allofasudden
New Contributor

Re: speed dropped after a fault was fix, and where do I check what speed I "should" be con

sent PM

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: speed dropped after a fault was fix, and where do I check what speed I "should" be con

Great 🙂 I've just replied back. 

We'll chat with you there. 

--------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors