Searching...
Accepted Solution

sagemcom modem password

dunco01

I cannot get into the settings of my modem any more.

login = admin

password = password

I have tried factory reset and it doesnt still doesnt work.   Any ideas?

Re: sagemcom modem password

Meincranbourne

Where does http://192.168.0.1 get you in your web browser?

dunco01

Entering  http://192.168.0.1 in the browser gets me to the modem home page.

When I enter into advanced settings it asks for password. I have tried the defaults but they dont work.

I have alread performed factory reset.

Meincranbourne

What access do you have? ADSL/NBN/CABLE

Meincranbourne

dunco01

nbn

dunco01

Yes i have read the user guides and the default passwords dont work.

I have tried a factory reset.

Solution

Meincranbourne

Potentially disabled by Optus to stop them from being locked out of their "modem" so they can updated it perhaps? 

dunco01

Good point - Disabling by Optus.

I phoned user help and got someone who kept having to refer to their supervisor. Eventually they logged a case ID and said they would call me back.

After this I turned off, did 1 more factory reset and it came up.  I was able to access setting without the need to enter a password.

Magic.

Highlighted

sagemcom modem admin password 3864V3 AC (Black)

Cosmos

On 02.10/2018 I connected to nbn and got a new Optus Sagemcom 3864V3 AC modem.

I am connected OK to the internet and no problems with wi-fi password but I want to change the default SSID and wifi password.  To do this I need the admin Userid and password.

The Optus User Guide says the Username is Optus and password is the same as your wi-fi one and which is the same as on your magnet that came with the modem.

THIS DID NOT WORK.

I tried several other ones as mentioned in other posts but no luck.

I called Optus but they only told me what I already knew and what is in the User Guide.

I eventually found that the Username is optus (all lower case) NOT Optus (with a capitol).

SHAME ON YOU OPTUS FOR NOT CORRECTING YOUR  USER GUIDE AND NOT EVEN YOUR SUPPORT STAFF KNOW ABOUT THIS.  HOW MUCH TIME IS WASTED ON THIS AVOIDABLE ERROR.

Note: If you misplace or lose the magnet that came with the modem, the Username and wifi password is on a label on the bottom of your medem.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
92 Kudos
54 Kudos
27 Kudos
21 Kudos
19 Kudos