cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

sagemcom fast 3864v3 ac

hi i have a sagemcom fast 3864v3 ac and want to log on to admin but nothing works why are these modems locked 

i need to change wi-fi passwords and parent controls.

0 Kudos
15 Replies
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: sagemcom fast 3864v3 ac

You should have a login and password already.

There is usually a sticker on the base of the modem with the default login details.

If you have changed the password then you'll need to do a factory reset (wipes current settings) and login in with the default credentials on the sticker.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Probably a software problem. You might get joy using another browser. Or you might have to throw out the Sagemcom and buy something with wifi range

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

no i need the admin log on wont let me log in 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Sticker?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Hi, Did you get anywhere with this?

I have the exact same problem

Cheers

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Hey there @karmar, what happens when you try to change the password?

Have you attempted to change them with the instructions listed here?

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I have this problem too. I don’t think people are getting what our issue is. It’s actually logging into the router itself. On any other optus router, you go to 192.168.0.1 and there is no requirement to log in, you can change through the menu options with no authentication.

for some reason, with this one, only the status and connection pages can be viewed without authentication. Clicking any of the other settings prompts a log in, with no combination of standard default user names and passwords will log in, and factory restarting does nothing to correct it.

Id be keen to know if it’s everyone who has this router, or if it’s just the lucky ones who have a badly configured one.

any help?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Ok, for anyone having this problem, I finally sorted it.

the username is optus

the password is the default wifi password printed on the sticker underneath. Why it’s this is anyone’s guess, but I was finally able to get in and turn off the stupid dhcp server causing issues for my router behind this POC

Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

No Its still not working for me, what the heck is going on, i have tried username: Optus/optus/Admin/admin and for the password: admin/Admin/the password printed on the bottom of the sticker am over it.
0 Kudos