cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
New Contributor
New Contributor

sagemcom f@st 5366 modem

only lan port 1 works on this modem,

i have tried multiple new cables in lan ports 2 to 4 but do not get the flashing green light in any of them and cannot get any peripheral to work when plugged into these ports but they do when plugged into lan port 1
is there something easy i’m missing or is the modem cactus
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: sagemcom f@st 5366 modem

Shouldn't be anything obvious to such a problem.

Maybe try a factory reset. There is a known dodgy shipped firmware version ( SG4Y1T000031 ) that goes caca in strange ways, If you have that version you should force a firmware update anyway.

0 Kudos
New Contributor
New Contributor

I also had a similar problem with my new F@st 5366 modem.

When I tried to connect my old desktop computer (running Win10) by ethernet cable to the f@st 5366 via any of it's four LAN ports, it would never work and there are no LED lights lit up.  I tried new cables with no luck.  It was strange because the computer always worked via ethernet cable with the old ADSL modem.  I should note that other laptops etc all worked fine via the LAN ports on the new modem, so it seems to be something about the desktop that is not allowing the connection.  So I hooked up an old stand alone router with the new NBN modem/router, then connected the computer to the old router and low and behold it works fine!

I can't explain why this works, and it's a little annoying, but it may be a solution for others.

0 Kudos
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

@Solo wrote:

So I hooked up my old ADSL modem as a secondary modem with the new NBN, then connected the computer to the ADSL modem and low and behold it works fine!

I can't explain why this works, and it's a little annoying, but it may be a solution for others.

In your situation I'd be guessing that the network configuration on the win10 was not set to auto detect network but rather is using manual setting which are not suitable for the new router.

With the 5366 the default IP address range is 192.168.0.x, If the IP address on the win10 does not start with that (it might be say 192.168.1.x) then it would indicate just a config issue on the win10.

0 Kudos