cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: sagemcom F@st 3864AC NBN

I would like to know as well if anyone has had any problems with the Sagemcom F@st3864AC modem.

I have been having problems with the Optus supplied Sagemcom F@st3864OP modem since about march when I got connected up to NBN. I have had nothing but problems with this cursed modem as the wifi is S@#$T. On average I would be rebooting the modem in various ways trying desperately to get it to reset properly. Tried reboot via reset switch, Power of and wait several minutes before restarting, and factory reset with paperclip in hole. Nothing fixed it. Spent weeks tring to get Optus to check problem by got no results. Finally I asked for a replacement and they said O.K.. Said they would supply an updated modem "Sagemcom F@st 5350_AC" as it is supposed to be a better modem. However they "apparently" allow "TOLL Priority" the Couriers to leave parcels without signature or any form of proof of delivery. TOLL claims they leave the new modem in my meter box. (Mind you I ring Optus on Friday late afternoon and the modem is "Delivered" at 1:15pm Monday) barely 1 working day. Thats fine if TOLL actually delivered it! I wait an entire week checking the mail. NOTHING! One week later I ring Optus asking where the modem is and they say they sent it. TOLL says they delivered it but I was still without a working modem. In the meantime I get hold of a TELSTRA GATEWAY MAX modem and after puting the Optus settings in it, start using it. It's wifi is lightyears ahead of the garbage OPTUS palms off on people. Only problem with the Telstra Gateway is that I could not configure the Uniden DECT phone to work in it. Guess what? Neither can the Brilliant OPTUS techs. TOO HARD. This is when they promised me the new 5350_AC Modem. Promised this without checking stock. I received today a new 3864AC instead. 

Have not set it up yet as I am reluctant to pull apart a working methodology. Maybe this weekend. Another issue (gripe) I have with Optus is that is they supply a modem then they ought to know how all its features work. They told me that Wifi beyond the modem and USB ports were not supported by them. I asked what they were responsible for and they said Quote "getting the internet to the service address" which means to your phone socket. The WiFi feature is a bonus that apparently we just all take for granted. Bull S@#$%T

As another poster has said, And I will be doing the same if this new modem does not work as promised, I will be looking for a new service provider.

Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: sagemcom F@st 3864AC NBN

YES! ABSOLUTELY! the same exactly. Reads like word for word! Seems optus have no care about this, they all say they have no control over it and are aware. I also, will break the 24 mth contract, and whoa betide! optus if they try to cash in on the breaking of the faulty service contract. 

0 Kudos
Top Contributors