cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

sagemcom F@st 3864AC NBN

Has anyone had an issue with this modem/router - specifically its wifi capabilities. I have just switched from ADSL modem to NBN and this modem. Now I have a computer and a printer that I am unable to utilise as they do not pick up the wifi internet signal.

The modem is placed in the same position as my old modem and there was no issue with connection then.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Re: sagemcom F@st 3864AC NBN

@Kaz08s - That's a bit strange! Have you been able to connect to the Internet at all? Are you able to connect any handsets or tablets to WiFi? Have you tried using an Ethernet cable? 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Unfortunately cable isn't an option long term. We specifically need wireless. I Need to move computer and printer to try the cable to rule out either item is not comparable. But can't keaave both connected by cable in the kitchen long term.

wireless connectivity was guaranteed and that's what I require. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Disappointing to hear that you've had issues with the coverage @Kaz08s 😞

Wi-Fi can be easily affected by interference within the house, have you looked into getting a Wi-Fi booster to push the signal out further at all? 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Why would I need to outlay more money? New modem provided by Optus in same position as old modem was. No issue with old modem. 

Why should I be out laying more funds for an extender when it is optus who has provided an inferior product. One that dies not do what I have been told it will do. 

After being told I'm a loyal customer and we will switch you over to nbn with no issues I have had nothing but issues, with the priduct and with the customer service. Being on hold for over 2 hours to only have tech support staff hand up and on other occasions not provide any assistance is not good enough. 

I am currently researching and getting feedback on other suppliers in our area and will be looking at transferring from Optus as I don't see any resolution. 

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Yep the Sagemcom 3864AC is the pits for WiFi coverage, phone support reckon 8 - 10 metres, and also for causing dropouts with the hardware trying to connect to it.  I have had the NBN for 2 months and have already had the WiFi Router replaced once due to these issues which are still ongoing.  I have no choice but to keep the router as also provides the fixed phone line as well.  If it was not for that I would probably look into cancelling the contract completely and just rely on mobile phones.  I have even set up a WiFi hotspot to increase coverage using the old WiFi Router, a Netgear CG3000, and the connection still drops out so it is definately an issue with the WiFi routers provided by Optus.  So it appears that the new router is really only good for one room and really only a wired connection which plays up less.

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Just a quick update.  I turned off the Wifi on the Sagemcrap AC WiFi router, permanently, and replaced it with the Kogan AC WiFi Router as the hot spot.  What can I say the difference in the WiFi Signal is Night and Day from a reception perspective.  Why couldn't Optarse provided a WiFi Router with that range?  It can't be the price as at $99.00 free delivery, though it was discounted to $55.00 free delivery and did not have VOIP capabilities, it appears to be far superior than the Sagemcrap.  Come on Optarse admit your mistakes and replace the crap you have provided.  By the way I have still not heard from Nathan, the complaints resolution person, or Sagemcom rang them twice, OK Sagemcom never, since my first contact.  WTF Optarse this is not really customer service is it.  So far I have left 4 messges for Nathan to call me back since May but so far SFA.  Only the moderators, @TezzaP , and phone techs have helped so far, thanks, but no one else has bothered.  And to add insult to injury i have heard of others being offered the same service I have at $30 dollars less a month .... WFT - don't know where to go with that complaint.

Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Hey @Albus - Thanks for reaching out to us & providing an update. Terribly sorry for our delayed response. Would you be able to send us a private message with your best contact number so we're able to arrange Nathan to touch base with you? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@Shauna  Thanks for the offer asking me to send you a PM with my best contact number so that Nathan can call me.   Please note that since I first talked to him, when he called me that is on the 12th of April 2017 to provide the Sagemcom support number, and since then I have called him and left 3 messages with the last one asking him to call me back .... but nothing.  Nor anything from Sagemcom either about product support either.  I am at a loss about what this will achieve but you will get the PM along with a list of questions I need answered.  The questions relate to the way the OPtus NBN connection packages changed over 3 weeks or so which left me on a higher monthly plan than a neighbour that changed over 2 weeks after I did while we are receiving identical services.

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Finally got the Tom Tits waiting for some sort of Fixed Resolution white knight to solve my first world problems and have lodged a complaint with the TIO.  @Shauna thanks for trying to help as I understand the issues moderators face are the same as the punters - asscess to little or no information about the products you have to support from Optus.  Hopefulle someone will call soonish to discuss the issues.

Top Contributors