cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question

Yes Crowd will close and be redirected to Help & Support on the 1st November 2021. Thank you to every member who has made this community such a helpful and supportive place for customers and staff to interact to help serve along with improve our products and services. You will be missed.

DeltaDave
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

"Has anyone else suffered trying to sign up with Optus NBN?"

Hi Everyone,

I am an existing Optus ADSL customer trying to migrate to NBN (now that my address is servicable).

It has been a majorly frustrating strugle to get Optus to set up my NBN account. I keep getting told I am on the new type of account (after a system upgrade) and someone from the backoffice team will get back to me in 3 days. I have now been waiting over 3 weeks, no calls returned.

I have spoke with over 20 Optus call centre staff and have held on the line over 7hrs. Every time I speak to a new representative it is the same script read to me (I can almost quote the script word for word to you). There is no escalation path and I have no where to go to understand where I am at. All I am told is that the relative department has been emailed 😞

If it is this hard to sign up someone who wants to sign up, I am perplexed to see how they get new customers.

Please help!! I want my NBN!!

8 Replies
Yeldarb
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: "Has anyone else suffered trying to sign up with Optus NBN?"

So true how dismal their customer service is.

0 Kudos
chloesok
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Hey @DeltaDave, thanks for reaching out. It's not great to hear about the experience you've had trying to get signed up here. 

We can certainly take a closer look into this for you and see if we can clarify any information in regards to the order. So that we are able to do so, could you please send through a PM with your full name, DOB and any account numbers or order numbers you may have received for the service? 

In the interim, I'll definitely go ahead and pass along your post as feedback to our Customer Care teams, as we're always looking for ways to improve our services. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
DeltaDave
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Hi, 

I messaged my details earlier this morning. Would love to see this quickly resolved. All I want to do is start using NBN and after over 15 years with Optus, this lack of service is making me consider moving provider. 

Thanks. 

Dan_C
Retired Employee
Retired Employee

@DeltaDave, I've replied back to your PM with a bit more info.

For anyone else lurking this thread, I'll offer a bit more information on the OP's comment relating to the issue he's faced with our new system.

We did plan on migrating NBN services across to our new billing platform, but this has been placed on hold.

If your existing ADSL service has already been migrated, but you're looking to transfer from Optus DSL Diret - Optus NBN - our sales persons have been given the directive to complete a non-standard sales form for these customers. 

You can contact our NBN migration sales team on the number below:

Consumer Migration Sales

Open times: 

• Mon - Fri: 8.00am - 9:00pm AEST
  • Sat: 9am - 7:00pm AEST
  • Sun: 9.00am - 6.00pm AEST
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
DeltaDave
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Hi, 

So still no answer or way forward proposed. Unfortunately if I don’t get a solution today I will end well over 10 years bring an Optus customer.  

0 Kudos
DeltaDave
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

So the Saga continues 

I was Private messaged from an Optus rep telling me they can’t do much I need to call the Nbn migration team again.  I speak to someone who confirms my order number and tells me I will be redirected to the Nbn pre activation team to book my appointment. I then get redirected 4 times to the wrong area. Then finally after 1hr on the phone I got redirected to an Optus customer!! Yes an Optus customer not their activation team. 

This is is a nightmare. Please Optus book my installation appointment. 

0 Kudos
DeltaDave
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

So good news!!   

After another half hour on on the phone with Optus, I now have an appointment booked in!!

TGIF!

0 Kudos
DeltaDave
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

So just when I thought the Saga was over Optus decide to add a fetch onto my account when I didnt ask for one.

I use the online chat to advise, and I get bounced from area to area. I said please just dont send it, and rather than bouncing me around and waiting for response please just council.

Guess what, today it arrives on my doorstep.

Now Im going to have to waste more of my time to send it back 😞

Is anyone in Optus customer care reading this as a learning exercise on how to improve customer satisfaction?

0 Kudos
Top Contributors