cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: optus sagemcom f@st 5366 TN portforwarding for Synology NAS

This works for Linksys WRTnumber hiddenAC router. With 5366 behind the Linksys, need to port forward 5060-5061 as above to prevent intermittent blocking of inwards VoIP calls.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

"If you need to use the 5366 for Optus VoIP you can have it behind the Asus you just need to port forward 5060-5061 UDP & TCP, and disable SIP Passthrough on the Asus."

Hi so I am currently not using the Optus supplied modem\router (f@5366TN) but i am using the  Asus RT-AC68U with a Technicolor Moden, so i don't currently have VOIP functionality.

Reading this post from what I am getting is that we go from (in my case) the modem into the Asus router as the main router then  plug the 5366 into the Aus router and forward ports form the Asus (5060-5061) to the 5366 both TCP and UDP 

Then disable SIP passthrough on the Asus, and obviously the phone would be plugged into the 5366

Have I got that straight?, this will really help there is 3 of us with the same setup and the same issue 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

@glenncol 

What type of NBN connection (FTP, FTTC, etc) do you have?

I'm assuming you are on either FTTB or FTTN since you are using a Technicolor Modem, is that correct? If so, is the Technicolor Modem in bridge mode?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi, yes we are using FTTN and the have bridged the Technicolor
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

@glenncol wrote:
Hi, yes we are using FTTN and the have bridged the Technicolor

OK, so nothing needs to be done to  the Technicolor.

I assume this whirlpool post is from one if your group. RedSector's first set of instructions spells out what needs to be done. While he stated he needed to disable RTSP Passthrough I did not have to do that, and I've been running Optus VoIP fine since late last year.  He correctly states that you only need to do port 5060. My reference to 5060-5061 is incorrect as that was based on some conflicting info I was getting at the time.

My FTTC setup is: NBN Box->Asus RT-N66U->PAP2 Voip Adapter 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Yeah, the brother-in-law, as usual does not listen 

0 Kudos
Top Contributors