Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
tr7v8mike
Contributor
Contributor

no wifi

Hi,  I have a new Mighty Modem and its a nightmare.  I have two Apple Macbooks and three iPhones and none of them will connect to wifi.  I spent all day on the phone with Apple yesterday and it made no difference.  I have tried all of the Optus trouble shooting and nothing works.  Its impossible to contact Optus, they are always too busy and never call back.  I made a post like this one yesterday, threatening to contact the Office of Fair Trading and my post immediately disappeared from Yes Crowd.  I want someone from Optus to fix this.  NOW!

0 Kudos
10 Replies
TommyB
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: no wifi

Try sending a PM to any of the moderators here.  They are good at getting through to the techs.

0 Kudos
SillyGogo
Crowd Champion
Crowd Champion

I see the problem is that all your products are APPLE. All joke aside..what have you tried so far? 

Can you see the wifi and can't connect, can you connect via a wired connection? is the DHCP turned on at the modem....etc

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
tr7v8mike
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Silly,

I spent the day on the phone with Apple support and they couldn't find anything wrong with the devices.  I can connect by ethernet and the iMac can connect wirelessly.  The iPhones can connect to the 5GHz network, but the Macbooks cannot connect to the 2.4GHz network.  The error message comes back saying that I need a WPA2 password, which I have.

Any thoughts?

0 Kudos
SillyGogo
Crowd Champion
Crowd Champion

Hi Mike,

It could be a corrupted profile on the Macbooks. so the problem only on the Macbooks? Does the Macbook have 5GHz ? Have you try the iPhone on the 2.4Ghz? Maybe try

1. Delete the wifi profile (new wifi modem) on the Macbooks.

2. Temp set the wifi protection to NONE

3. Test connection

if works then delete the profile, turn WPA2 on and reconnect. However, if the iphone can't connect to the 2.4GHz then that the area we can focus on. 

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
tr7v8mike
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Silly,

Could you provide a few more details on deleting the profiles and setting protect to none?

0 Kudos
tr7v8mike
Contributor
Contributor

OK, I think I sorted it.  When I set the network with no security and tried to log in, it asked for a WPA2 password then rejected what I entered.  Something wrong with the laptop?

0 Kudos
SillyGogo
Crowd Champion
Crowd Champion

I am not a mac person and don't know much about them. Could be a sagem mac compartibililty issue. 

Googled wpa macbook password..found these link..see if it helps

https://discussions.apple.com/message/20700600#20700600

http://hints.macworld.com/article.php?story=20120415223938536

0 Kudos
tr7v8mike
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Silly,

I finally got onto a competent person at Apple and, apparently, all I had to do was open iCloud: problem fixed.  Just a little story about Sagemcom.  I went to their website and tired to use their contact phone number, but it was not connected.  I tried the support page on their website and my product was not listed.  Tried their email and it bounced.

Great custmer support.

SillyGogo
Crowd Champion
Crowd Champion

Good to see that iCloud some how resolves the problem. I would never thought of that, but don't know much about Mac and how it interconnects. Maybe it is an Apple thing to synch the wifi profiles with the mother land. Thank you for sharing your fix, i am sure many people will find it useful

0 Kudos