cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Crowd Champion SillyGogo
Crowd Champion

Re: no answer from optus re if I have the premium router /modem or not

@Dan_C another new modem, I've purchased myself the 3864V3AC recently. Can I PM you to organise to get the HP modem for playing? Anyway, I've given into the IOS religion and got meself an iphone 8 because it supports wifi calling. However, recently found out that alot of the Samsung phones also support it, so might be a short visit.

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Contributor nothappyjanus
Contributor

Thank You Dan,

I will try and contact you on Facebook and  Twitter as well. Thanks for your info but how do I check I have firmare 10.7?

is it on a sticker on the modem?

Thanks for that . 

Contributor

Dan, thank you for your answer but how do I know if I have the 10.70.1? Is it on a sticker?

Thanks . 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Contributor

Thanks SillyGogo , How do I work out if I have been issued with the wrong modem? They have told me I have HFC yet I saw the nbn tech  tinker outside on the pavement pit and play with some blackcable in the pit. I was given the Fast 3864V3HF  but do not know if it is the right modem for my nbn tech type nor do I know if it is firmware version 10.70.1.

I hope to hear from you again with your thoughts on the above.

0 Kudos
Crowd Champion SillyGogo
Crowd Champion

@nothappyjanus I haven't used that model before or know its specs. I am trying to get my hands on one to test out. The best way would be contacted technical support via livechat to confirm that you have the right modem. 

about which nbn you have: 

Goto https://www.nbnco.com.au/ put in your address and click on check resident. That should tell you the type of NBN that you are on. IF it is NBN HFC, then you should a black Arries box inside your home, looks something like this https://www.commander.com.au/sites/default/files/2018-12/nbn-hfc-user-guide.pdf ..

Next connect up your optus modem as per user guide above, usualy from the red port of the Arries modem to the red WAN port of the sagem. And that should do it. I usually turn on the Arries modem first, wait till you have all 4 solid lights then turn on the sagem modem. 

Maybe reset your sagem modem a few times to give it a fresh start. 

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

@SillyGogo , I seem to have lost access to my inbox.

Maybe, @Ray_YC can shoot me an email with your details? We'll see if we can work something out.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Which version of Optus firmware do I have? Tips for our Sagecom F@st364

At optus, we're committed to regularly updating our modem and firmware. Whether that's fixing known reported bugs or improvement to the quality of you WiFi network.  Here are some tips to help you login and confirm which exatly version of firmware is running on your modem. 

1. Launch your preferred web browser
  2. Enter the following URL into your browser address bar, that's - http://192.168.0.1/.)
  3. Depending on the version of your mode you may be prompted to a Username and Passwor

Heads up - customers with older generations should be able to login with the following:

Username: admin (all lower case) 

password: password (all lower case) 

I'm using the old F@st3864AC

Firmware version: 8382_F@ST3864AC_Optus

I’m able to login without the need to enter login credentials. I've simply never received the prompt.

For those with a V3 - try the below:

Username: optus (all lower case)

Password: The WiFi password you've been assigned,

Once you're in, you'll want to click on, "Setup & configuration."  Click the WiFi deviceto the left of your display, You'll be navigated to the screen below:

sagemom firmware settings.png

I hope I've been able to help out this one. Feel free to correct me guys. I'm starting to loose track of all the modems we've released over the last couple of years. The login methods always tend to cause a bit confusion, (or maybe it's just me).

FYI -  even though it’s been mentioned in countless threads, Powering your the modem on and off will ensure that the latest firmware version is available for that particular modem is installed. 

Edit for typos* 

For you, @nothappyjanus 

If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Email is on it's way to you @Dan_C ☺️ 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Cheers cap! I'll respond back later this evening, @SillyGogo

0 Kudos
Contributor

Thanks Dan. I do indeed have a 10.70.1_F@ST3864V3HP_Optus. Is this the so-called AC premium Sagemcom I was sold on?  Hardware version 253795814.

I will check and see  what type of nbn I have?

Thank you for your help so far.

0 Kudos