Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
sjsino1
New Contributor
New Contributor

new 5366TN modem and flashing lights

I have just received my new 5366 modem and set it all up however the instructions state that their should be flashing lights after three hours and so far (3 hours) nothing am I doing something wrong ???

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Tuong_YC

Re: new 5366TN modem and flashing lights

Hey @sjsino1, thanks for reaching out. Were you able to get online and was the light on? If so, your modem just may be struggling to reach a stable power source. Just in case you have not done so already, could you also please connect your modem via the Ethernet cable provided. Generally speaking, an Ethernet connection almost always provides both a stronger and more reliable broadband service.

For your reassurance as well, I would recommend looking at our Modem Guides which will provide you with some more information to navigate you through the device's settings and features.

Should you continue to have issues, I would also recommend having a chat to our Messenger teams whom will be able to look into your services and advise further. Our teams are available 24/7 via the Optus App

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

sjsino1
New Contributor
New Contributor

Yes the modem is connected via the ethernet cable and my internet is pretty good, I have gone into the 192.168.0.1 via my mobile phone and everything is showing as connected to the net so no problems there. it is just the fact there are no flashing lights as described in the modem users guide, probably I am worrying over nothing and the lights just don't flash, just remain steady to signify connection. 

Cheers

Sam

Tuong_YC

Hey @sjsin01 if you have any other enquiries or concerns with the modem - just send through a message to our Support teams and we will follow up with you

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

sjsino1
New Contributor
New Contributor

I have contacted messenger services and the lights are supposed to remain steady, they should only flash if there is a problem.   Thank you everyone for your assistance.

Cheers

Sam

Top Contributors