Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

nbn

what is the usual time frame from ordering the nbn to actually getting anything from them ie:acknowledgement of order past the initial order email when they said they would get back to me the next day 

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: nbn

What technology are you on (FTTN or HFC?)

Regards

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

thats the problem i don't know anything since that first email which said :

Hi david,

Thanks for placing an order online with Optus. We're currently reviewing your application to make sure we have all the information we need.

Here's your temporary order number: OP1508241018243.

We'll send you another email once your order is confirmed. If we need any more information, we'll let you know within the next business day.

Cheers,

The Optus Team  

i'm just trying to find out something because it has been ovewr a week now

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

What postcode and street are you in?

Did you have Optus Cable in your street?

After your request Optus place an order with NBNCo to get them to hook you up physically. Optus can be a little relaxed in following up if they don't get an answer. 

Regards

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

its a fresh install in the country near bathurst nows there is fibre to the hwy optus tower on the hill so i don't know

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Can't tell much without a postcode and street, but it seems likely you are on FTTN. I can tell expected speeds if you can provide any more information. 

In that case there's no installation required by NBNCo just Optus arranging the hookup for you and you should be good to go. 

I'd contact Optus direct and ask them what's going on.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

so the modem /bom:nbn fttp ac gateway/ nbn ug new customer fttp fw has turned but still no confirmation from optus the order number is not in the system so just hanging 

post code 2793 carrington street Woodstock nsw

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

So you are apparently Fixed Wireless?

This will involve NBNCo comming out and setting up the satelite on your roof. 

Optus should be arranging this but it will be up to NBN to tell Optus what date they will be comming out. 

Perhaps contact NBN directly and see if any date has been set to come to your house?

But more usually get back in touch with Optus (Try LiveChat and try get to the NBN Activation department). They should be chasing up an answer.

Regards

Peter Gillespie