Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

nbn connected, no internet

Spent 2 hours today doing the Optus runaround.  Got an sms a week ago from Optus 'We noticedd your new nbn connection hasn't been activated.  Simply plug in your Optus modem using the enclosed installation guide and you'll be ready to go!'  So I thought today would be a good day to set up.  Get message on Laptop  'connected, no internet'.  Not able to open any pages apart from 404 not found.  When I rang Optus, they said they can see a small usage that began today.  How is that when I haven't been able to go to the internet?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted

Re: nbn connected, no internet

Sorry for the delay in response and your NBN connection issue @NAD. Is the service working since posting? When you connect the Optus modem for the first time it takes 15 - 20 mins for the modem to register and internet to go active. Once it is active the internet light on the modem will go green. When the modem registers on our server it sends all its details which could be the data usage that has come up when you contacted us. If your still experiencing issues with the connection then you need to raise it with Tech Support on 131344 (open 24x7) to investigate further. Kartik

Kartika__________________________________________________________________________
I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos