Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
GUS4US
New Contributor
New Contributor

nbn SPEED

Hello, I have been having on going issues trying to get a 60 plan upgraded to the 80. I actually have been rather lucky a lot of the time and had reasonable to good speeds , unless drop outs or non connection for hours. I have finally been told after months of administration messes I am on a 80 plan. I just dont know what speeds I should get now. I am on 10- 11 off peak and on peak at times as good, but I thought know I should get at least more than that on off peak.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: nbn SPEED

The $80 plan is 25Mbps max.

You should get 20+ Mbps off peak and around 15 Mbps on average during peak. 

10 is the ~ max speed for the $60 plan. I'd check again if your speed pack has been applied.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Realistix
Contributor
Contributor

Hi mate.  On the 80 plan you should be on speed pack 2.  This is their 25Down/4Up pack.  On the 60 plan you are on speed pack 1.  11Down/0.9Up.  http://www.optus.com.au/shop/broadband/home-broadband/nbn-speed-packs.  Optus seems very expensive to me, for what you get.  Try looking into other mvno's......much cheaper and faster.

0 Kudos
GUS4US
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thank You Peter,

I have been advised it has been activated but wont come into effect until billing cycle. So lets wait and see. Thank you for the info

Having said that, thats the answer I have been given a few times 

Di

0 Kudos
GUS4US
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi Thanks for the info, Yes I am reeady to move for more reasons than one, But I have a complaint with TIO as many people and need to see it through before I can change or it has all been a waste of time.

Di

0 Kudos
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

If you want to leave, the TIO investigation will still continue and any compensation etc still an option.

Regards 

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos