Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
connie75
New Contributor
New Contributor

nbn 50mbp

if am on the 50mpn internet month to month plan ...if I not happy with speed ...can I upgrade to the 100mpn month to month plan????
IF YES will my modem need to be changed??
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Jack_YC

Re: nbn 50mbp

Hi there @connie75, thanks for reaching out. Just to confirm, do you know if you're currently reaching the 50Mbps speeds that you're referring to? You can run a speedtest online to check what speeds you're connection is currently receiving. 

If the speedtest shows you're not reaching 50Mbps, I would then recommend running through the steps in this troubleshooting guide under the 'Slow speeds and/or drop-outs' heading to see if that improves your speeds.

If you are reaching the 50Mbps speed but you would like a faster speed, I suggest speaking with our Messaging team as they'll be able to see if your connection is eligible for a faster speed pack. To clarify your last point, you won't need to change modem if you change speed pack. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: nbn 50mbp

Yes you can switch to the NBN100 plan anytime (and back again if you want)
No you won't need a new modem. You will just keep paying off the one you have over three years.

The only question is are you getting 40Mbps+ now when you run a speed test? If not then going to a higher speed tier won't solve that.
0 Kudos