Searching...

n b n home phone

Tezza1

when signing up to change my existing optus udsl service to n b n, I asked the optus consultant at their retail store, if my three phones would still work. I was assured they still would. I explained that there is a socket next to the computer where the current modem plugs in, this is located in the study, however the home phone and answering machine are located in the kitchen. I was told that I would just plug the modem into the outlet next to the computer and leave all my other phones where they are and every thing would work. I now beleive this information to be incorrect and I have to have a base set / answer machine pluged into the modem in the study and puchace wire less hand sets in other rooms or expensive rewiring.  Any advise would be gratefuuly received. Thanks Tezza

Re: n b n home phone

Hannah-L

Hey @Tezza1, I'm sorry to hear about the confusion here. Any existing extension wiring ceases to work once the NBN has been connected as it bypasses the old infrastructure. To continue using the sockets as you've previously done you'd need to engage a private technician to complete the rewiring work. I hope this helps.

Highlighted

Tezza1

Thanks for the info you answered my question very clearly. Seems like a bit more pruduct knowledge is need at your retail store. Tezza

Tezza1

Thanks but this is not the problem. the phone is pluged in to the modem not the old socket. Always supported optus, this is the first time I have asked for help only to find it so dificult to talk to some one and then to be told the problem will be fixed when it is not.  Tezza1

malkay1

Hi Tezza,

Provided the old Optus incoming line is disconnected at some point in the home, then you can plug into the new optus router then into the nearest phone socket and the existing phones will work through your existing sockets.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
101 Kudos
63 Kudos
26 Kudos
25 Kudos
18 Kudos