cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
For Australian Bushfire info please click here
New Contributor Lyndie
New Contributor

my phone finds my wi fi but says no internet.

I have just moved. The NBN & Modem are connected all OK there. My laptop connects to the wi-fi and has internet. My phone, my other lap top and the PC however all say "no internet" not sure what to do

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RetiredModerator Toomey
RetiredModerator

Re: my phone finds my wi fi but says no internet.

Thanks for raising this @Lyndie. The fact that one of your devices is able to connect to the internet would indicate there are no issues with your actual NBN network which is good. We will need to troubleshoot the other devices to find out what's causing this. It is strange that you're getting the same issue on 3 different devices. They're all connecting to your internal network so I'm thinking the modem is working ok, but do you have an Ethernet cable to test with your PC/laptop to check there are no issues with multiple connections?

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor Lyndie
New Contributor

Re: my phone finds my wi fi but says no internet.

Thanks Toomey, tried it but it didn't work. I'll have to get a technician out. My phone now randomly picks up the internet and my laptop randomly as well. That's 2 devices at least. Can't comment on Fetch as that has never arrived along with the promised cable. Pretty disappointed, I've been with Optus for years. 

0 Kudos