cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question

Yes Crowd will close and be redirected to Help & Support on the 1st November 2021. Thank you to every member who has made this community such a helpful and supportive place for customers and staff to interact to help serve along with improve our products and services. You will be missed.

johnroberts
New Contributor
New Contributor

modems and wifi

I am not experienced in routers, repeaters, modems so please I need understandable advice. Had a netgear EVG 2000 since Dec 2013 when we had NBN to the house connected, difficult getting throughout house so added a range extender [white with black area showing lights from china distributed by many incl kogan] worked well, it just found the EVG2000 and we set the password on our mobiles [we have no landline] Ipad, lap tops and tv...great netflix and phones worked. recently net v slow and dropouts with phones and netflix. Optus said bad old modem!! So received a new Sagecom 3864AC [black] connected and v bad coverage no netflix nor phones. Connected repeater! would not connect... not good... reconnected old modem and repeater seems to have been reset but it want connect. Situation really bad only in one room of house does phones work and other devices nothing....can someone please tell me what to do
0 Kudos
3 Replies
10000000000GB
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: modems and wifi

Mayeb the modem wasn't bad, it was the repeater

0 Kudos
johnroberts
New Contributor
New Contributor

no dont think so the repeater worked fine, and when I connected the 3864AC the coverage was worse than with the EVG200 without the repeater. I think the 3864AC changed the ip address?? in the repeater!! who knows. Ringing optus now............. cant have no phone cover where we are

0 Kudos
10000000000GB
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

That's true. They need different IP addresses or they clash. But each brand of router could have 1 of 5 typical addresses 192.168.0.1, 10.0.0.138, 192.168.1.1, ...

https://www.techspot.com/guides/287-default-router-ip-addresses/

0 Kudos