Searching...
Highlighted

landline diverted to mobile, bad reception from Vodaphone callers

NERShell

We have our business landline diverted to mobiles (whoever is on call at the time). Some calls we get sound like the person is underwater or we have bad reception. If they are displaying caller ID, we can call them back and the reception is fine. Not everyone has caller ID so we sometimes miss those sales!

It doesnt matter what mobile we use, Apple or Android - issues are the same.

We have contacted support and they suggested we change the land line phone, we tried this and it didnt make a difference. It all seems good on their end!

Since talking to support, we've started asking these callers what provider they are with and its seems they are from vodaphone. We obviously do not want to miss any sales! Any ideas?

Re: landline diverted to mobile, bad reception from Vodaphone callers

Jeneral__Pain

The problem you have is this...

A (Vodafone) to B (Optus) to C (whomever your "sales reps mobile" is with).

Whilst I can see the correlation that the A party seems to be the common denominator, Optus are simply on-forwarding this call, it could be a fault with the switching between Vodafone and Optus, or it could be the way the call is then handed back to the "C" part (specially if your reps phone is with Vodafone).

Is your reps phone with vodafone? 

Are you logging faults with example calls? by this I mean... when you call Optus you state to them, the incoming calls we are listing are all sounding very poor when received from the following parties.
Callers Phone Number:
Date of call:

Time of call:

Was the call forwarded to another number: Y/N
If the call was forwarded: What was that number
What carrier is the forwarded number on?

Why do they need that info? They can run a call trace on their end to see where the call comes into the Optus network and where it goes out. Because if all the calls you claim are coming in from the same "switch", then it could be the port on that switch is faulty, or the connection with Vodafone is faulty. But because everyone is "I dont want to call, its too hard", nobody calls so it never gets noticed/fixed/repaired. Because poor call quality does not set off alarms in control centres.

I'm a Yes-Crowd Contributor, not an Optus Employee, and I contribute on a voluntary basis. Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and or Accepted Solution their way.

NERShell

Hi,

We will start taking records of the bad calls. We can obviously only get the number if they have caller ID. Then I'll contact Optus again.

The sales reps mobiles are also Optus under our business account. The phone is always diverted.

NERShell

I have a log of calls that were bad, how do I notify Optus about them. I've gone through chat before and I just don't have hours to spend again. 

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
105 Kudos
39 Kudos
31 Kudos
13 Kudos
12 Kudos