Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
imassri
Contributor
Contributor

is there still 100/40 nbn

Hi,

So I am on 100/40 then started to get 100/5 and after contacting Optus it became 100/20. I heard 100/40 is no longer available and I am out of contract so i understand if Optus wanna change. but been a week already with the support and they say it is a technical issue and they are trying to solve the issue. it is clearly that they just call me to say we called and checked.

if 100/40 is no longer available why they don't just tell me so that I can see other options.

I don't wanna change which is why I am waiting, but it looks like there is no hope. I can see it is not just only me.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Tina_YC

Re: is there still 100/40 nbn

Hi @imassri, thanks for getting in touch with us. If you head to our NBN plan page, you can see that we offer Premium speed (100/20). If you would like to be on Speed pack 4 (NBN100/40), you would just need to be on an NBN plan and ask our sales agent to be placed on  'Speed Pack 4'. Please keep in mind that there will be additional charges. 

In saying that, I'd strongly recommend you speak to our friendly sales teams. You can contact them via the My Optus App or 1800 780 219. They'll be able to place an order for you and see if you have any special offers available. Let me know if you have any other questions. Tina. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

imassri
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @Tina_YC ,

thanks for the response. I am already on 100/40 and was on it for a long time. but I recently got these issues with the upload. well, I don't know exactly from when I got these and was and still paying 109 a month for 100/40.

my problem is that I can see that the upload is capped at 20. I am already in contact with the support team but still no solution and getting the same response. we changed something let's wait 24 hours??!!. and two times they said we checked with nbn and nbn said there was no issue with the line. today he just called me to tell me he is checking with their colleague haha.

btw, I am on fttc so there should be no issue with speed.

0 Kudos
Tina_YC

Thanks for clarifying that for us, @imassri. It's odd that your upload is capped at 20. Just so we're on the same page, are you testing your speeds via ethernet cable?

For further assistance, please send a private message to the official Optus Facebook page or Twitter page for further assistance.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos
imassri
Contributor
Contributor

hi @Tina_YC ,

yes of course. and I did an isolation test as well multiple times alone and based on the instructions of the case manager.

just to clarify the situation. yesterday, he mentioned that he will move me to 100/20 plan to test if the upload will go down and if so then it is a problem with the line and if it didn't then it seems that there is no issue with the line and I cannot get 40 upload.

so the results is that the speed is still 20, as I expected. and today a different guy told me he is discussion with his colleague and will see how it goes!! and didn't go with the result of the other guy.

0 Kudos
Tina_YC

Thanks for providing us with some insights into your situation, @imassri. If you would like us to follow up with your case/ case manager, please provide us with your Case reference number. Tina. 

0 Kudos
imassri
Contributor
Contributor

thanks for that @Tina_YC .

I will see how to goes tmw when i receive a call back. I hope all is resolved. 

0 Kudos
Tina_YC

No problems at all, @imassri. Keep us in the loop! Tina. 

petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

"I don't wanna change which is why I am waiting"

The ability to easily change is one of the best things about the NBN. With all the month to month contracts available its just a quick phone call and you can test out many other options. In general 100/40 is being quietly suffocated by the NBNCo (and the RSPs following suit) but there's still several top teir RSPs that offer 100/40 for $80-$90 a month.

Good luck getting the speed you contracted to restored.
0 Kudos
imassri
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

so it looks like i had to change at the end. I moved my service to a different isp and now getting the speed i should be getting ( for less) hope it lasts. change was fast and easy, maybe 30 mins. 

I didn't want to change as evth was set up with my other mobile services in one place.

anyways, all is well and fine now with the new service.

cheers

Top Contributors