however land line doesn't work anymore

additionally our mobile reception is rubbish here in ST IVES

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: irratic poor coverage & landline now out

Hi johnf0308,

What is the latest regarding your landline? Do you know what the reason is?

Have you been provided with a fault ticket number? If so, please let us know what it is and we'll be able to take a look where it currently sits.

If not, we're unable to look into specific account details here on our public forum and you'll need to contact Optus directly.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor johnf0308
New Contributor

ref 21552486
they sent NMN guy on weekend
he says the NBN modem was attached to wrong input cable from outside, and should be in lounge by TV (not study where my wiring goes to rest of house)
said I need a new modem
contacted Optus who promised to send one
Optus will allow me to break the contracted plans with devices (due to blackspot) but hesistant on releasing me from SIM only plans??? What is the logic to that?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Yeah on face value that doesn't appear to make much sense... SIM Only plans for mobile phone I presume? Either way if you decide to break the contract and are getting resistance for SIM Only services, perhaps request to speak to a Manager to get their explanation and maybe a different outcome.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor johnf0308
New Contributor

I did get through to a manager who said I could break my SIM only plans if we live in a black spot & therefor are allowed to break the phone contracts. Upgraded Optus modem will apparently be delivered today. Then I'll see if the connectiion is in right place & if phone works. I regularly have to wait in excess of 1 hr trying to get the right people at Optus.
0 Kudos