cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

incorrect CAPTCHA

a day ago I could get into my optus webmail, this morning I tried and it keeps coming up with incorrect captcha. I dont know how to resolve this as Im not good with technical stuff. I can be contacted on *****Im feeling frustrated. thanks Angelika

214 Replies
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

webmail log in

As of yesterday (13 Oct 2020) I have to enter a captcha password to log into webmail.

What has Optus done and why

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Re: webmail log in

Hey @jawsjaws that would have been added as an extra security measure for that system. Are you having issues with using that feature? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

@Rob_YCThere are other people who have also posted about the same thing that also deserve a response.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

@AndrewC1 we do our utmost to get back to everyone as soon as possible.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Hi guys 'n' gals...

I too, would like to know why the log in action has changed.

Been using OPTUS for many, many years & do not understand why they keep changing things.

Really annoying.

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Your techs told me it was a known problem and they were working on it. The following comments are based on that comment

IT IS NOT AN ADDED FEATURE - whether you believe I asked for it or not. Here's a marketing tip - actually offer it as an option. 

A plea from me and all other users kept in the dark. Please go against your company's culture and tell users there is a problem. I don't expect you to email every user, but you have some sort of bulletin board on the log in page. Can you imagine the benefit in wasted effort, angry customers and your own tech staff handling hundreds of unnecessary calls. You'd even save Optus mon

If not, at least have proper information on yes crowd - for people who are looking for answers

Highlighted

Apologies for the inconvenience @jawsjaws. Appreciate where you are coming from. Rest assured I have tagged your post as feedback to the relevant team for review and future reference.

Kartika__________________________________________________________________________
I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

why does my email now have incorrect captcha?

what is up with my email l now have to put in a code to access it  it states incorrect captcha- what is that?? and why?

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Re: why does my email now have incorrect captcha?

Hey @doremi, thanks for getting in touch with us. 

Are you perhaps logging in via https://webmail.optusnet.com.au? If you haven't already, please try clearing all caches and cookies, Restarting your browser and using incognito mode. Let us know how you go. Tina. 

0 Kudos
Top Contributors