cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Casey_YC

Re: incorrect CAPTCHA

Hi @jawsjaws

There as a fault with the password reset process and so the Captcha was brought in as a security measure. However in some cases, there was an error that caused this feature not to work correctly. 

This has since been resolved and as others have mentioned in prior posts, there is a future updates planned to remove it altogether.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

AndrewC1
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

@Casey_YC

Has the password reset fault been fixed? If not any ETA on it?

Will Optus be posting a blog entry when it is rolled into production?

Tina_YC

@AndrewC1, I'm afraid that I'm unable to provide you with a resolution time at this stage, however, they're working on resolving this issue with the highest regard. Rest assured, we will keep you posted. Tina. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos
angelic14
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

This was said ova a week ago, pretty poor this is
angelic14
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I agree Optus need to fix it promptly not let it go 2 weeks without any solution yet
angelic14
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

This is so disgusting and pathetic, then why has the overseas one been fixed but not the one in australia, what gives Optus, wake up and do something proactive about it, the fault is from your end
Steven_YC

Hey @angelic14 and @AndrewC1 - Thanks for your enquiries guys. First and foremost, we apologise that this is yet to be resolved.

Under fault reference 23170077, our team advised that this was resolved for most of our customers. It looks like there are others who seem to still have issues and our team have mentioned this via the ticket. It's likely that this will be reopened or a new ticket will be raised shortly with the relevant information to be further investigated. As notes have been, we'll do our best to advise of a rough ETR when this is shared with us. At this stage, we're awaiting for further communication from our teams for assistance.

0 Kudos
jawsjaws
Contributor
Contributor

there seems to be two issues;

Captcha appeared with no prior notice and

(a) in some cases, Captcha itself did not work properly. 

(b) in some cases Captcha does work

I am mostly in the second category. That is why I can log in but I still have a problem in that Captcha shouldn't be there. An added difficulty is that sometimes it doesn't on the first attempt.

I am signing off from seeing replies for a short period. Nothing has changed in 2 weeks and I need a break.

ColinHarry
Contributor
Contributor

Yes it's been quite a ride.

So glad I'm not a moderator! You guys must get it from every direction. But you do a great job no matter what we say 🙂 This has been an odd thread. The arrival and necessity for entering a captcha code was sudden and unexpected. For most of us it worked ok..but having to do it was the problem..not that it didn't work!  The explanation of it being an extra protective measure is sort-of Ok and maybe if we had of been informed...But there we be. As someone else mentioned in Whirlpool, we all hope there won't be an even extra layer of this protection in order to proceed to the Captcha code !!!

Rich0man
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

can not login to email on standard only secure

pain in the but ... when are optus going to fix this fault ..Will only allow login with password and catchpa .. bin this way now for 2 weeks .. Support says thay are working on it.

0 Kudos