cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: incorrect CAPTCHA

So why is Optus the only email on the planet that needs to use captchas?

Highlighted

Hi @uyfa, it is a security feature to make sure it is a human and not a robot / machine.

Kartika__________________________________________________________________________
I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

First

let me know if my interpretation is wrong:

You say Captcha is there for security

You and other Optus staff are contradicting each other

Is captcha supposed to be there or not?

Ray-YC says

I've received reconfirmation that the fault of customers overseas not being able to access their Webmail is fixed.

For ColinHarry (Happy Belated birthday!) and the one or two others who are still experiencing problems since, please either send Optus technical support a message  advising you still have a Webmail issue, confirming you are not overseas or using a VPN. A separate ticket for your individual case may be logged as the original is closed. Reference fault ticket 23170077 if needed.

YetAnotherAcc (and everyone): Captcha will be disabled when the team has completed its current review of Webmail.

Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

The current review includes implementing security to have the captcha no longer required.

Present: Captcha required and supposed to be there for now

Near Future: Captcha will no longer be required

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Hey Kartika...

I contacted someone named Etta through the Optus App.

Was told by this person that ...

Colin, I regret to inform you that "Captcha code" it set globally to know it the account holder is a human or robot.

Unfortunately, we don't have option to remove "Captcha code" from our end.
If I had that option I would have done that till now.
I help you understand my situation here.

That was word for word from the Optus chat window...It's meant to be there.

I've sent this to you yesterday. Did you read it?

Thanks.

Highlighted

Hey @ColinHarry. Captcha is currently on the Webmail login page to ensure you're a human and not a bot trying to log in. This can't be "fixed" as it's a security feature. 

As mentioned by @Ray_YC above, Captcha is currently a requirement when trying to sign in for now. In the near future, our teams are looking at implementing security measures where the captcha is no longer necessary when logging in.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

@Nard_YCand @Ray_YC Seems that as per @ColinHarry post above the myapp support are giving out information that on face value contradicts the post from you above.

May be a an idea for Optus support staff on the myapp platform to be given the "new" info as per your posts above so that the responses are consistent and therefore not confuse end users.

Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

If this was fixed why do I still get "incorect capture" and have to verify . If I have to do something at my end let me know what to do. If not the fix doesn't work.

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

So, after weeks of being told Captcha was a "fault", you are saying it is a standard new feature.

If that is true, THAT IS A DISGRACE.

Why aren't users advised that there is a new security feature added.

Also, is Optus actually going to create a bulletin board for users, as I suggested and Optus said "that idea will be put to management"

Highlighted

Hey @wombat1

When using the captcha feature, they are case sensitive. Are you seeing the letters for the captcha? As this was the issue the team was correcting. 

0 Kudos