Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
morgar
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Captcha for Webmail

Thanks AndrewC1 -

All of which should be achieved using proper industry standard UAT (User Acceptance Testing) in an off-line environment rather than releasing it suddenly into the live system with the resultant chaos, confusion, delays and so on as they scramble around trying to patch it up on the go. Not a good business model and sure to drive customers away - many who have been loyal for decades. Cheers

AndrewC1
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

@morgarIf you search the yescrowd threads and look at what Optus release into production over time you will see that UAT AND end user analysis (BA work) is NOT done or is not done to normal software industry standards.

There are also a number of cases where optus has updated their end user facing web pages/systems that remove functionality that technical end users can use to see what is happening and Optus try to put a marketing spin on them, even though the non tech users can still use the features without getting confused.

Overall Optus does not seem to care about the business model or driving customers away as it has been going on for a number of years and has not changed from what I have seen when looking back over some historical yescrowd posts when I have done some searching.

0 Kudos
ColinHarry
Contributor
Contributor

Re: I've been captchard!

Hi Serena !!

Sorry to tell of my woes !! But did as was advised and I have tried other browsers..Edge and Chrome.

Still required to enter the code. Might need to actually ring Optus for this?...But definitely NOT today..Too many birthday celebrations to attend.. YAY...

Cheers to all, Colin.

YetAnotherAcc
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

@ColinHarry 

What was supposedly fixed was CAPTCHAs not working, but they were not removed.

We were told that CAPTCHs were only temporary but we have not been told when they will be removed.

angelic14
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

How can I reset my password when I cant get in, give me some advice on how to do it, this problems has been ongoing now almost 2wks
angelic14
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Its pathetic, problem still there almost 2wks thats pretty poor, surely by now it should be fixed, what gives Optus????????
ColinHarry
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Angelic14,

Did your problems begin with the introduction of the Captcha code?

If this is not the case then you may find more answers and results on a different thread? I do sympathize with you but your query's might be better answered elsewhere?

I think most customers on this thread can get into Webmail, it;s just a bit of an extra chore to do so.

All the very best !!,

Colin

0 Kudos
TDW
New Contributor
New Contributor

There are times when the captcha code doesn't even appear so you have to login knowing the error message is going to come up. I had my settings set to standard setting instead of the security and this used to solve this but now that's not working either.

Basically I'm just having a whinge but I'd love the name of the person at Optus who thought this was a good idea. It's not even that much of a security feature as to give me any peace of mind anyway.  

0 Kudos
jawsjaws
Contributor
Contributor

Re: incorrect CAPTCHA

Can you explain the consequences of deleting cache browser history and cookies. That was given as a solution

USERS - has anyone tried this and did it work?

What do I lose - eg do I lose all browser page history? Ability to have shortcuts on a particular website? 

0 Kudos
Jack_YC

Re: incorrect CAPTCHA

Hey @jawsjaws, clearing the cookies/cache in your browser settings has the effect of deleting data that is associated with websites. 

Depending on your browser, there will usually be an option that you can chose exactly what to clear such as: browsing history, cached files, sign-in data, site settings etc. 

The reason we suggest this as a troubleshooting step is that it can often clear out some old saved data that could be causing any issues. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos