Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
ColinHarry
Contributor
Contributor

Re: incorrect CAPTCHA

No it hasn't been fixed ...well not for me anyway..Still the exact same!!
Bad stuff.
Nard_YC

Re: I've been captchard!

@ColinHarry I can confirm that the fault that was raised regarding the Captcha issue has been resolved by our tech teams. What are you currently experiencing? Are you still unable to see the Captcha letters?

Have you already tried clearing your browser cache & cookies? Or testing alternate browsers?

Let us know so we can have this looked into.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos
jawsjaws
Contributor
Contributor

I don't understand this answer.

First you say the problem is fixed, then you say let you know if there is still a problem.

1. it is NOT fixed (*)

2. your techs have not followed standard industry practice and TESTED their solution (**)

3. they have NOT advised you correctly

(*) - your explanation is EXACTLY what I was told weeks ago on this same issue. It is also what I was told several MONTHS ago

(**) do they test from a real user environment or from their own labs

Jack_YC

Hi @jawsjaws, if you're still experiencing any issues with the webmail platform I recommend you the cookies/cache in your browser settings as @Nard_YC described above. 

Our techs have now marked this fault as resolved, so if you do continue to have any further difficulties, I recommend sending us a message through the My Optus App so that we can look into your individual case. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos
ColinHarry
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Nard_YC,

Thanks for the reply etc..

Shall try your advice later when possible.

Hopefully that may fix it. I've always used Firefox and still do.

I'll let you know probably tomorrow..27/10/2020...and it's my birthday as well... 🙂

0 Kudos
Serena_YC

Hi @ColinHarry

Do keep us posted on how you go. If you run into any issues, just let us know and we would most certainly be happy to provide further assistance. 

P.S. Happy birthday to you! 🙂 

0 Kudos
angelic14
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Still no resolution, still cant get into optus webmail, whats going on????? Thank goodness I have Yahoo email too XXXXXXXXXX

0 Kudos
Steven_YC

Hey @angelic14 - I've just hidden some wording in your post. It seemed to be account related and as this is an open forum, I've just edited it just in case.

Our team are working on this to be investigated. We're yet to be provided a concrete ETR time though.

Have you attempted a password reset to see if this assist with the particular issue?

Can you let me know if this is the same issue as before or different?

0 Kudos
morgar
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Captcha for Webmail

Has anyone on the forum worked out a hack to circumvent having to use Captcha all the time when trying to get into webmail? It is just a complete waste of time.  Does Optus have a greater hidden agenda? Perhaps they are trying to kill off webmail by progressively making it harder to access. Just call me Mr Cynical - Cheers Roy

0 Kudos
AndrewC1
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: Captcha for Webmail

@morgar  Have not seen a hack or work around that actually works for people (some work arround have worked for the odd person, but this is the very minority, say 1 or 2 people).

Yes optus have a hidden agenda - to show the following:

a) How they test changes to ensure that they do affect end users before deploying it into production.

b) How to fix the webmail captcha issue by rolling back the update so that end users can continue to use webmail.

c) How optus yescrowd support is helping end users and giving a consistent response for the webmail captcha issue.

d) Update end users with timely information on what is being done and when it should be fixed for the webmail captcha issue.

e) Pined a thread so pople with the problem can go to the one spot and see the current status of the webmail captcha issue.

! the answers. (boolean)