cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
New Contributor jsss1
New Contributor

how does optus get away with stealing from me

I have had to take 3 days off work for Optus to fix my NBN.  How do I get compensation

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: how does optus get away with stealing from me

A few things,

Unless an actual Optus Technician came into your dwelling and changed your Optus supplied router it would have been a NBN staff member/contractor as Optus Technicians are not able to do any work at all on NBN connections (as NBN owns the equipment).

No compensation for residential products as far as I am aware, you could ask Optus chat/phone and may receive a discount off your bill, but you wont be receiving compensation for wages/pay.

Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question?
Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and/or Accepted Solution their way!
0 Kudos
New Contributor jsss1
New Contributor

OPTUS compensation - optus have been incompetent

How do I get compensation for the incomepetent and disgraceful treatment we have endured getting the NBN right.  we have had a technician come 5 times to our house which as you all know means we ahve take 5 half days off work

Shocking, and disgusting

0 Kudos
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

@Paddylee ,

This seems to have finally changed recently. The ACCC has now put in place automatic compensation for missed or bad work by NBNCo. The RSP is required to pass this on to the customer although its not necessarily as just crediting the money (could be discounts in other areas, replacement data etc.) 

Read here

Unfortunately its currently only $25 a day. RSPs have been arguing it should be closer to $250 a day and that discussion is still ongoing. This amount was seen as meaningful enough to 'encourage' NBNCo to turn up as scheduled. Its obviously not going to compensate a days work etc.

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Not seen any form of compensation at residential level automatically apply - so would be best to contact Optus directly.

We dont know the whole story here in regards to why it took 3 days, and what was actually wrong with the service.
May have ended up not being a network fault but an Optus account issue for example.

Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question?
Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and/or Accepted Solution their way!
0 Kudos
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Agreed. Five return trips does seem excessive though. I too wonder what the final reason was.
Peter Gillespie
0 Kudos
Top Contributors