cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
New Contributor
New Contributor

emails to all bigpond adddresses bounced

All my emails to all 'bigpond' addresses are bounced with the message.

<hidden>: host extmail.bpbb.bigpond.com[203.36.172.106] refused

to talk to me: 550 5.7.1 Connection refused - IB116. 211.29.132.249

senderscore too low. Please check https://senderscore.org

Other users are having the same problem.

This is serious.  Please fix urgently.

0 Kudos
7 Replies

Re: emails to all bigpond adddresses bounced

Hey @jackderooy, there is on reported fault with Optusnet email at the moment. Here is our → email help & support page if you need a hand. It could even be an issue from Bigpond side as you are the 5th customer reporting the same.

If the issue still continue then raise it with our Technical Support team via the → messaging service to assist you further.

Kartika__________________________________________________________________________
I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor
New Contributor

This is not an individual user issue.  We have 2 optus accounts and are having the same problem.  This needs to be fixed by Optus not the individuals

0 Kudos

Hi @chabro & @jackderooy, just to let you know, This is a known issue and our Network Team are looking into it. Although we're unsure if this is either an issue on our end yet or on Bigpond's side.

There's a similar thread going on YesCrowd

As soon as we know more, we'll be able to provide further updates here and the other thread mentioned above. Apologies for the inconvenience this has caused. 

0 Kudos
New Contributor
New Contributor

This amounts to coercion if not absolute extortion. The folow up with senderscore shows that they don't even have enough information to give me a score however they do have enough now to follow up and push senderscore services. 

Why on earth is Telstra using this organisation?

0 Kudos
New Contributor
New Contributor

The problem has disappeared as of Sunday.  Whew; relieved.

0 Kudos

That's great to hear, @jackderooy, thanks for confirming!

0 Kudos
New Contributor
New Contributor

Seems to be a problem again today. 

0 Kudos